Beylerbeyi Palace, which literally means Lord of the Lords Palace, is one of the Istanbul palaces located in the Pilar Bay neighborhood of Istanbul’s Escudar district, which is located in the Asian Istanbul city of Istanbul, and was built as an imperial summer Ottoman headquarters and a place of entertainment in the 1960s. It includes 24 rooms, 6 halls, and a Turkish bath, for the purpose of receiving heads of state and their dignitaries in it, and is currently considered one of the most important places of tourism in Ottoman Turkey.
The palace was used as the last residence of the families of Sultan Abdul Hamid II from 1912, and until his death there in 1918, it was designed in the second conservative imperial style, and it looks more attractive when viewed from the Bosphorus Bridge Bridge, and located below the palace is a historical tunnel, which was used as a road linking Escudar Surrounding areas, then used as a museum, and in 2016 AD, the tunnel was reopened to traffic to ease congestion on the coastal road beneath the Bosphorus Bridge.
Table of Contents
Things to do in Pilar Bey Istanbul
• From the beginning, you can enjoy a tour of the Bosphorus Strait Bridge to see the palace, and to take some panoramic pictures of the wings of the Hermel and the Hermelion overlooking it.
• You can participate in the Bosphorus Strait tour that passes in front of the historical Pilar Bay Palace, and take pictures of the building’s facades.
• Then to reach the entrance to the palace, you have to walk in a narrow alley, which includes a gift shop, where you can buy some souvenirs.
• Do not forget when you arrive at the entrance to the palace, take some memorial photos in front of its huge gate, with its marble columns, and the gilded sculpture topped.
Then he wandered around the palace square and its garden, which includes limestone columns and striking rock sculptures.
• The palace gardens are full of various trees, and enjoy wonderful views of the Bosphorus, shaded balconies, fountains and water basins worth watching.
• As you enter the palace lobby, you will notice the grandeur of the interior design, royal furniture, colorful chandeliers, gilded stairs, copper ornaments, and roof drawings.
• Then head towards the palace reception hall, which includes a water basin and a fountain, decorated with gilded columns, copper vessels, and French crystal chandeliers.
• Visit the Hammam of the Turkish Palace, and from there to the tunnel of the palace, which was established in the early 19th century AD, and take some memorial photos.
• You can also visit Istanbul landmarks near the palace, such as Escudar Istanbul, Istanbul Girl Tower, Sultana Mosque, Mahrama, and also Tel Aviv Bridal Brides with its charming views.
Entry prices to Pilar Bay
40 Turkish Liras per person, equivalent to 6,78 USD.
Everyday from 9 am to 5 pm, except for Mondays, the palace weekend.
The best Istanbul hotels near the Pillar Bey Palace
Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul is one of the best hotels in Istanbul, Escudar, 700 meters away.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has won the admiration of Arab visitors and was rated great in both cleanliness of the place, location, comfort, and staff.
My Dora Istanbul Hotel is one of the best 3-star Istanbul hotels, 7.4 km from Pilar Bey Palace.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
Dora Hotel in Istanbul has a great rating on location, cleanliness, comfort, staff, facilities, breakfast, value for money and Wi-Fi.
With negative comments regarding the limited size of rooms and the diversity of breakfast.
Pilar Bey Palace site