East Asia is one of the geographical terms that is called the east side of the Asian continent, and it includes six countries: North Korea, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Japan, and Mongolia, and the tourism sector plays an important source of income for these countries, as they are attractive countries for tourism because they contain Many historical, archaeological and religious monuments, and having complete infrastructure to receive tourists, from the availability of hotels that provide good service, excellent transportation network, restaurants and stable political security.
Best East Asian countries for tourism
Officially known as the Republic of China, and its capital is the city of Taipei, and its official language is the Chinese Mandarin, and its official currency is the currency of a new Taiwan dollar, and it is recognized as one of the tourist countries, which is one of its most prominent features:
- Taroko National Park: It is located along the eastern coast of Taiwan, and is characterized by its natural beauty, as it contains charming streams and waterfalls, cliffs and beautiful valleys. It also includes the Taroko Strait and a place for walking.
- Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall: Located in downtown Taipei, it is a memorial to the pioneer of the Chinese Democratic Revolution, Dr. Sun Yat Sen.
- Penghu Islands: It is considered one of the most beautiful tourist areas in the country, and it is located in the waters of the Taiwan Strait that separates Taiwan and the Chinese mainland. It consists of 100 small islands that span an area of 141 km. The islands are characterized by its blue waters and white beaches.
- Yang Ming Mountain: It is located in the northern side of the country, particularly near the city center of Taipei. It is characterized by its calm valleys, volcanic views, hot springs, and various plants. It also contains a number of unique bridges, back garden, magnificent buildings, and volcanic lakes.
- Other parameters: Kenting National Park has a total area of 333 square kilometers, Ximending business district which is considered one of the best tourist destinations in Taiwan, Alishan National District located in the central eastern side of the country, lake and sun, moon, automatic mountains, colorful water bridge, and National Palace Museum.
Officially known as the Republic of North Korea, and its capital is Pyongyang, and it is divided administratively into three pyramid layers, and it is characterized by being among the tourist countries with the most prominent features:
- Statues of Kim Young II: It is a statue of the late leader Kim Jong Il, which is made of bronze.
- The Blue Shacks: They are called the most terrifying place on earth.
- Arc de Triomphe: It is located in the city center of Pyongyang, and it was opened on the seventieth birthday of President Kim Il Sung in the year 1982 AD, and the arch consists of 25 thousand blocks made of granite.
Officially known as the Republic of Mongolia, and its capital is the city of Ulaanbaatar, and its official currency is the currency of Mongolian Tugrug, which is one of the tourist countries located in eastern Asia, which is one of the most prominent features:
- Mother’s love painting: Painted by artist Tsivgjav in the sixties of the twentieth century AD, and considered the first attempts to introduce modern art into Mughal art.
- Dera Lamia: One of the Mongolian temples that was built in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries AD throughout the country.
- Monastery Dashi: It is located in Ulaanbaatar and was built in the eighteenth century AD, and it is characterized as being built in German style.
- Monastery Sumy: It was built in the year 1904 AD and is built on Chinese traditions, and today it is converted into a museum.
- Monastery Temple: It is located in Kandan district of Ulaanbaatar, and is a mixture of Mongolian and Chinese architecture.
- Maitreya Temple: It was built in the style of Mongolian architecture.
Officially known as the People’s Republic of China, and its capital is the city of Beijing, and its official language is the Chinese language, and its official currency is the currency of Yuan, and it is one of the tourist countries whose main features are:
- Forbidden City: It is located in Beijing, north of Tiananmen Square.
- Great Wall of China: It is considered one of the wonders of the world, and was built in the fourth century BC without using machines.
- Victoria Port: It is located between Kowloon Peninsula and Hong Kong Island, and is distinguished for its popular community areas and parks.
Its capital is the city of Tokyo, and its official language is the Japanese language, and its official currency is the yen, which is one of the tourist countries located in eastern Asia, which is one of its most prominent features:
- Garden of the Six Poems: Composed of green hills and a small pond, it is located in Tokyo, the capital.
- Himeji Castle: Dubbed the White Castle, it is located in Hyogo Prefecture.
- Hokkaido: It contains many national parks, classic houses, and rice fields.
- Other parameters: Okinawa Island located in the city of Naha, and the Goren Falls, located in Izu Shizuka, in the Yujashima area.
Officially known as the Republic of Korea, and its capital is the city of Seoul, and it is one of the tourist countries located in eastern Asia, which is one of its most prominent landmarks:
- Sok Ko Ram Temple: Which was placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in the year 1995 AD.
- Gyeongju City: It contains many tombs, Buddha statues, and remains of castles.
- Jeong Palace: Called the North Palace, it has 7,700 rooms.
- N Seoul Tower: It is located on Namsan Mountain, opened in the year 1980 AD.
- Buckcheon Heritage Village: It contains a large number of traditional Korean wooden houses known as Hanuk Homes.
- Jongmyo Shrine: It is considered one of the oldest Confucian royal shrines.
- Everland Theme Park: It is considered one of the largest amusement parks in the country, with a land area of one hundred hectares, and it occupies the fourth place among the international parks in terms of visit, as 6.8 million visitors visit it every year.
- Lotte World Entertainment City: It is one of the largest entertainment cities that entered the Guinness Book of Records, as it annually receives 8 million visitors. It includes shopping centers, the Magic Island Park, a luxury hotel, cinemas, a popular museum, and an electric train.
- Other parameters: Kyungpook Palace, National Library, Nam San Traditional Village, War Memorial, Han River Park and Blue House which is the official residence of the President of the Republic of Korea.