We offer you the most important information about the Burj Khalifa architectural masterpiece of Dubai. Talking about tourism in Dubai requires highlighting its most famous tourist attraction, whose importance comes from being the most important tourist attractions and the most famous skyscrapers in the world that it is the tallest tower in the world.
The establishment of this tower comes within the tourism development plan that the UAE applies in general and the government of Dubai in particular in order to achieve leadership in this sector, and Dubai has been able to reach the highest centers in the list of the best tourist destinations in the world, in Arab travelers we review you Burj Dubai to get to know On the advantages of this architectural edifice.
Table of Contents
Burj Khalifa architectural masterpiece of tourism Dubai
Information on the Burj Khalifa
- In 2004 the Dubai government announced the construction of the Burj Khalifa in the heart of Dubai, and in 2006 the government announced the completion of the construction of its exterior structure, which reached a height of 828 m, after which Arab travelers entered the Guinness World Records as the tallest tower in the world, and it was officially opened in 2010 Its outer shell is covered with insulating layer to withstand the high summer temperatures.
- The company, Emaar Dubai, is responsible for the construction of this project, and it has the idea of building it originally. The company, Skidmore, Owings & Merril, participated in its design. The government used one of the best architects in the world, Adrian Smith, along with construction engineer William Baker The name Khalifa has been named on this tower in honor of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed, President of the Emirates and in appreciation of his role in the advancement of the country at all levels, and this was announced by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Burj Khalifa is called the vertical city, because it accommodates more than 10 thousand people at the same time.
- It is worth noting that the Burj Khalifa took nearly 22 million man-hours to build it completely. About 39,000 tons of armed iron were used, in addition to the particiAl Bahahn of more than 300 engineers and technical workers in its construction. As for the cost of its construction, it amounted to about 1.5 billion Dollars.
- Over 28,000 glass panels were used to cover the exterior of the tower, and the government hired Chinese specialists to install these panels on the roof.
- Burj Khalifa is built on an area of 5.67 million square meters, and the total number of its floors reaches about 200 floors, and inside it were built about 57 elevators, in addition to 8 escalators.
- Another of the features of the tower is that it is located in an excellent location, in the vicinity of it there is the Boulevard Mohammed bin Rashid Street, which in turn is one of the most important tourist attractions and is surrounded by a group of picturesque palm trees, alongside the Dubai Opera in which the best art shows are held, as well as fountains. Surrounding the tower.
- At the end of each year, the zodiac dazzles visitors with spectacular fireworks displays to celebrate New Year.
The landmarks of the Burj Khalifa
- The tower includes about 900 housing units, each of which is characterized by luxury and sophistication, and its forms varied between one, two, three or four bedroom apartments and studio apartments.
- The features of the tower are not limited to that only, as it also includes one of the finest and most luxurious hotels in Dubai, the Armani Hotel, which includes about 160 rooms equipped with the finest decors.
- Inside the tower there are a lot of services needed for visitors, such as a fitness and dining center, such as the Atmosphere restaurant, which is one of the most important and famous restaurants in Dubai, in addition to the presence of health resorts for those who want to get the most comfort, calm and relaxation.
Panoramic view of Burj Khalifa
- The tower has a very impressive panoramic view, and visitors can view it through the glass balcony on the 124th floor, which includes observation platforms.
- What makes this tower a masterpiece is that it includes a group of 1,000 artworks designed by the most famous artists, both globally and in the Middle East, which are artworks dedicated to the tower to give it a magical artistic touch to it which is a mixture between The ancient and modern style decorates the walls of the tower from the inside.
- The tower is surrounded by a garden with an area of 11 thousand square meters, in which many artistic and entertainment shows and activities are held, in addition to the fact that the tower includes parking lots of about 3 thousand parking spaces.
You can view the most prominent events held by the tower by entering on its official website through this link.