France is the most visited country by tourists in Europe. In 2020, their number reached about 86.9 million tourists, as they head to see the French countryside, enjoy the coast, visit cities, and historical villages, knowing that there is a classification that included 41 sites in France on the UNESCO Heritage List Global. Among the most visited areas for tourists in France:
- Louvre Museum: Located in Paris along the Seine River, the Louvre Museum is the largest museum in the world with an area of 72,734.72m2, in which 35,000 historical pieces and 537 paintings are best known, including the Mona Lisa, and it is visited by 8.5 million tourists annually.
- Eiffel tower: It is an iron tower located in Paris, where it was built in 1889 AD by Gustave Eiffel, knowing that it is the tallest building in the city of Paris, and the number of its visitors annually reaches approximately 6.2 million tourists.
- Palace of Versailles: The palace is located in Ile de France since 1623 AD, where it was built as a huge royal residence containing a wonderful royal garden, and it is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites, knowing that there are 6 million tourists visiting it annually.
- Pompidou Center: The center is located in Paris, and it displays more than 100 thousand artworks in various fields, and it has a large public information library, where more than 5 million tourists visit it annually.
Spain is famous for its beautiful beaches, distinguished buildings, and the most famous tourist attractions in Spain:
- Alhambra Palace: The Alhambra palace was built in the Islamic architectural style, as the palace shines above the city of Granada on the hill, and is characterized by its mosaics, marble fountains, architectural details, and fine art.
- The Great Mosque of Qurtuba: This mosque takes on a Moroccan character in its Islamic architectural style, and it is now a prominent cathedral in Spain, where tourists visit it to see the ingenuity of its architectural design, and the delicate and sophisticated elements used in its creation.
- Church of the Sagrada Familia: It is a church characterized by mosaics and luxurious decorations, as its founding began in 1883 AD by engineer Anthony Gaudi, and it is still ongoing, although it is expected to be completed in 2026 AD.
Italy is the third country in Europe in terms of the number of tourists, because it has beautiful and distinctive places, and one of the most famous cities of Italy is the city of Venice, due to the presence of water channels around its ancient buildings, and there is a classification that included 50 sites in Italy within the list of UNESCO heritage sites, and among the most beautiful Landmarks in Italy:
- Colosseum: The Colosseum is the largest square in the world, and the most visited around the world. It is a huge Romen amphitheater dating back to the year 80 AD, where it was dedicated to witnessing the struggle of wild animals.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa: The famous Leaning Tower of Pisa is located in the italyn city of Tuscany. It is a tall tower, decorated with decorations, next to which is the luxurious white marble cathedral.
- Bombay Old Town: It is an ancient Romen city that was buried by a volcanic eruption in the year 79 AD, knowing that what remains of it today are some ancient ruins, such as villas, baths, shops, square, temples, and a forum.
- The Cathedral of Il Duomo: It is the most famous cathedral in Italy, and the third largest church in the world, knowing that its most striking feature is its amazing dome called (Brunelsky Dome), and it is worth noting that it is located in the city of Florence, where its construction dates back to the year 1436 AD.