Facts about Sharjah is something that Arab travelers contribute to through the current article in order to develop awareness about this sparkling emirate, whose area is estimated at 2590 square kilometers, which is equivalent to 3.3% of the total area of the UAE. And before you look at the facts presented, it must be noted that this charming emirate is distinguished by a combination of antiquity and modernity at the same time, its archaeological monuments are many and its tourist attractions and its service and recreational facilities are integrated and equipped at the highest level, and for this large numbers offer housing in it and that many make it On their list of tourist destinations during their visit to the Emirates for any of the reasons.
Facts about Sharjah
- The emirate has borders with all the Emirates x In addition, it has common borders with the State of Oman.
- It overlooks the coasts of both the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Gulf.
- It includes many nature reserves and different types where there are Acacia forests, and reserves for mangroves, and marshes.
- Khor Fakkan is the largest city, and this city enjoys a charming view of the coast and is one of the largest economic centers in the Emirate.
- One of its areas that contains the most historical monuments is the Kalba area, which contains many archaeological forts and includes several distinguished museums.
- It contains the Dibba Al-Hisn region, which belongs to the best destinations for safari lovers, as it has a mountain range that extends for nearly 2000 meters.
- One of its most famous cities is Dhaid, which represents the third largest city in the emirate, and is known as the most important source of national production for both fruits and vegetables.
- Its economy is diversified. Its economy is based on several sectors, the most important of which are education, tourism, gas, health care and logistics.
- The emirate is considered one of the best destinations for tourists and entrepreneurs as well due to its abundance of tourist attractions and its diversity, and the abundance of investment opportunities there.
- It attracts large numbers of people wishing to transfer their residence to the Emirates for several reasons, the most important of which is the integration of its infrastructure and quality, in addition to the abundance of job opportunities and career development opportunities compared to most of the Emirates.
- It has an impressive number of small and medium enterprises, as it has more than 45,000 projects.
- Its annual GDP is estimated at hundreds of UAE dirhams, and most importantly, it is constantly increasing.
- Several free zones, the largest of which is the Hamriyah, have an area of 22 million square meters.
- It includes more than 19 industrial zones, and one of the most important indications of the success of these areas is that they produce more than 48% of the total amount of manufactures in the entire UAE.
- One of its biggest and most famous shopping malls is the Expo Center, in which huge numbers of sparkling events are organized.
- She won the title of the title of Capital of Islamic Culture, according to the selection of the Islamic Organization for Education, Science and Culture in 2014.
- It was chosen as the capital of Arab journalism in 2016 AD and it was declared as the international capital of the book in 2020.
Interesting information about Sharjah
- Sharjah is the only emirate that has common borders with all the emirates in the country.
- The first schools in the Emirates were built in 1907.
- It is the first emirate to have taken care of women’s rights, and its list has the right to education, and that was in 1942.
- The first airports in the entire Gulf Cooperation Council region were built in 1932.
- It dates back more than 6000 years.
- It includes more than 22 museums and archaeological sites.
Source: 1.Read:The most beautiful tourist places in the world