Preserving heritage is an essential necessity for peoples who seek to achieve their own civilization, and to establish their identity in their past and present, and the cultural heritage of nations is also an inexhaustible source of knowledge, and an important source of contemporary creativity, from which its artists, thinkers, literature, poets, and philosophers take, to take new creations in place. A map of cultural heritage, and it becomes a heritage that links the nation’s present to its past, and works to increase its presence in the global cultural scene. Cultural heritage is not limited to monuments, monuments, and monuments only, but it is also all that affects the nation from an immaterial expression, including folklore, and the And it will remain a popular songs, novels, traditional science that the nation passed down through the ages, an expression of culture.
Definition of heritage
Heritage is what the previous generations left for the succeeding generations, or what grandparents left to take from the grandchildren, while adding their experiences in their lives, either through construction, the art of writing, or engraving, or through manufactured tools, in other words, heritage It is the set of practices and rituals performed by a group of people who live in a specific place, and thus the heritage is like the roots rooted in the tree, and the more these roots are fixed on the ground, the stronger the tree is, so that it increases its ability to face the various difficulties of time.Read:The best and most beautiful honeymoon destinations in September
In terms of science, heritage is an autonomous science, concerned with one of the sections of culture, and focuses on it in many archaeological, historical, geographic, social, and psychological aspects, and also cares for all the meanings and civilizational symbols that exist on the ground, and from existing archaeological features dating back to the previous times .
- Bio HeritageIt includes the symbols of life on the surface of the earth. It is also called collective heritage. As for individual heritage, it includes all elements of life within the human body.
- Cultural Heritage: It is the set of beliefs and doctrines that concern a group of people in a specific region.
- Scientific heritage: It includes studies and research, and the accomplishments that humankind has achieved to study a phenomenon or a specific problem.
- Intellectual heritage: It is linked to what is produced by thought and meditation.
The importance of preserving heritage
The importance of heritage preservation lies in, among other things:
- The most important material physical resources for nations that give a description of human cultural and social activity to them.
- An important source of information, which enables us to recover what is lost nowadays.
- Accessing some solutions to a good number of problems and trying to contain them in different ways.
- Giving a sense of emotional gratification, by feeling the beauty of the past, because heritage links the past to the present.
Heritage protection methods
- Introducing nations to their heritage through exhibitions and museums.
- Continuous repair of local heritage, especially the untouched one.
- Provide the necessary protection for monuments and museums.
- Preparing a clear and broad approach, as a guide to antiquities, and this is one of the tasks of the state, with the need to study thoroughly the archaeological monuments.
- Continuous research on antiquities in new places, and monitoring of antiquities in specific environments.
- Spreading heritage information, through textbooks, to spread awareness among children and the youth in particular about the importance of preserving heritage, and to make school trips to places that express heritage, with its monuments, landmarks and monuments.