The pyramids are among the seven wonders of the world that exist in Egypt, as they were built to bury the kings of the pharaohs, as they number about 138 pyramids, and the pyramid of Khufu in Giza is the largest, and it must be noted that the method of building these pyramids was and remains a mystery Mysterious among many, due to the heavy size of the stones, and the lack of technological development at the time, and in this article we will introduce you to the method of building them.
How to build pyramids
The ancient Egyptians relied on building the pyramids on a large number of the workforce, as the pyramid of Khufu located in Giza participated between 20,000 to 30,000 men, and its construction period lasted about twenty three years, and it must be noted that the slaves were not the ones who participated in Its construction, but those who participated in building it are the free men, and they were exempted from paying taxes, in addition to giving them clothes, housing, and free food, in appreciation of their efforts, and encouraging them to continue their work without interruption.Read:Traveling to Bulgaria
The Egyptians used many tools in building the pyramids, the most important of which is the limestone that was used in building the foundations, as they used a more quality type in building the outer layer, in addition to many other tools such as granite and basalt that were used in building the floors, and they also used gold to paint many From the facades, next to the pink granite used to paint the inner walls of the pyramids.
Tools and mode of transportation
Workers used a variety of tools to cut the blocks used in building the pyramids, including hoes, granite hammers, and copper chisels, where they transported granite stone from quarries on boats in the Nile River, then cut it near the pyramid, then they transport this rock load to a site Building with sand by using large wooden sleds, it is pulled over wet sand, which, by its moisture, reduces the pulling force in half.
The pyramid is finished
The pyramid builders built ladders of mud bricks, then covered them with wax chips to harden their surface, so that they could pull the stones upward until they reached their place in the pyramid, and then repeat these steps every time they raised to the top.Read:Where is the city of Dakar located?
Important information about the pyramids
- The three pyramids in Giza are the most famous pyramids, knowing that about 140 pyramids were discovered in ancient Egypt.
- The Pyramid of Djoser built in the Saqqara Cemetery is the oldest of the Egyptian pyramids.
- The original pyramid of Khufu reaches 146.5 meters, or 481 feet, while its current height is 138.8 meters, or 455 feet.
- The pyramid of Khufu consists of 2,300,000 stone blocks, knowing that the weight of one block ranges between 2 and 30 tons, while some blocks have a weight of about 50 tons.
- Egyptian pyramids were built on the west bank of the Nile.
- The temperature inside the pyramids remains around 20 degrees Celsius, while the outside temperature remains variable depending on the general climate.
- Various techniques were used in the method of building the three pyramids, knowing that the average pyramid construction reached about 20 years for each pyramid.