We accompany you on a tour to learn about the best architectural masterpieces in Italy; it is the Leaning Tower of Pisa and it is called in the italyn language the Torre pendente di Pisa, while it is one of the most strange things that it was built in 199 years, as it was built in 1173 M in the state of Tuscany, which is located in the “Square of Miracles” which is near the Cathedral of Pisa.
As it consists of many floors of eight made of white marble, the tower has been equipped with a modern elevator to suit the developments of the times, while many people wonder about the engineering miracle that made it tilted and straight up in the sky, so let’s get to know this information that came about The Leaning Tower through this article presented to you by Arab travelers, so follow us.
Table of Contents
Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The most prominent thing that makes the Leaning Tower of Pisa one of the famous towers around the world is that it tilts with a vertical deviation, as well as its length of 56.2 meters. However, the construction did not stop once this error was identified.
- In 1275 AD, the architects attempted to avoid mistakes during the construction of the fourth and fifth floors, by moving the center of gravity, as well as supporting this tower with pillars that are working to adjust its shape, but those attempts were unsuccessful.
- The tower was closed in 1990 because it may collapse at any time, which threatens the lives of tourists climbing it, so let’s get to know more closely about this leaning tower located in the square of miracles piazza dei Miracoli.
Advantages of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is one of the tourist towers that tourists come from all directions to enjoy this amazing appearance which is embodied in the Milan. They tried to modify it during the construction of the fifth floor, but they did not succeed in this, to re-try again to amend the tendency that exists in the tower in the year 1275 AD because it threatens tourists with the fall, and then it reopened again in 2001, as it became ready to receive the masses.
The height of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
The Leaning Tower of Pisa has a height of about 57 meters, which is represented in eight floors, and its height above the sea level is about 2 meters. Here, dear reader, information about the height of this Leaning Tower is as follows:
- Studies about the Leaning Tower of Pisa indicate that it is one of the most attractive towers for tourists, it is the height of 5.5 degrees, which dates back to the date of its construction in the year 1170 AD and 1174 AD.
- It is noteworthy that this elevated tower is eight stories high, and has been characterized by its inclination and white marble paint.
Strange information about the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Here, dear reader, is the most striking and surprising information about the Leaning Tower of Pisa, so let’s get to know the strangest facts that cause surprise in the following:
- The tendency appeared in 1178 before it was completed and attempts to rebuild it failed.
- The reason for this tendency is that its soil is of a spongy structure, so it was difficult for Linna to absorb this rocky structure.
- It is not possible to identify the person who built the tower because there are three names of the candidate that one of them built.
- The tower was tilted to the north, and after adjusting and displacing the center of gravity, it shifted to its south.
- There are many oblique monuments in Italy due to its soil, where the bell tower in the Church of San Michele degli Scalzi comes diagonally.
Through this article, we dealt with strange and new information about the Leaning Tower of Pisa, which attracts tourists with this inclination despite its gravity, but it is one of the charming scenes that do not occur in mind or mind.