London is one of the most important tourist destinations in the world, because it contains famous tourist attractions that attract many tourists, as the average number of visitors per year is approximately 19.1 million, according to statistics in 2020, making it one of the most visited cities in the world, which is the capital The UK and its largest city, located on the bank of the River Thames in southern Britain, is also known as the city of fog and has a long history dating back to the Romen era.
The most important sights in London
- Big Ben watch in Westminster, this hour is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the city and rather in all of Britain, and is located opposite Parliament. The Big Ben name refers to the five heaviest bells of 13.5 tons in the famous clock tower in Westminster Palace.
- The Shard Tower Bridge, a skyscraper located in the Southwark area in London, was the tallest building in Europe until October 2012 and has a length of 310 m, and is currently the tallest building loaned in the European Union.
- Tate Museum Museum, located near the River Thames, is a wonderful cathedral that emulates modern architecture, and was previously a power plant, and many contemporary artists such as Rachel Frida, Martin Kipenberger, Mark Rothko, and Kandinsky worked on it to produce it in its current contemporary form.
- Borough Market, you will experience a wonderful experience while shopping in these markets where you will discover the British culture through its markets and folk food, delicious dishes and walk along the Thames River through food stalls of various types.
- The famous London Eye, which is a big wheel that you can ride in its cars to see the entire city of London and enjoy the wonderful view from the top of the city, reaching 135 meters in length, located in Jubilee Gardens on the south bank of the Thames.
Tips to visit London
- Do not use the subway to get you inside the city except when necessary because you will miss seeing a lot of landmarks and places that may interest you in the city, it is better to walk on foot to see the sights of central London or to move by bus, it is less expensive and you can get to know the city better.
- Divide your visit days by the places you want to see in the city, so it is not a good idea to visit all the sights on the same day and spend the rest of your vacation at the hotel or not know what to do every day plans and how you will spend in this wonderful city.
- Avoid staying in a hotel away from the city center because it is cheaper, because you will spend the same amount if it is not more on the round trip transportation.
- It is better to book in advance via the Internet, as it is cheaper and avoids standing in the long lines behind tourists to reserve a place for you, whether in hotels, the zoo or museums.