Today we offer you information about the clock tower in Makkah. It is one of the most prominent modern landmarks in Makkah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which includes the Sacred House of God, and Mecca rises above the sea by 277 meters, and its total area is about 20 miles. In recent decades, a lot of development has been made in the region of Makkah Al-Mukarramah, highlighting its features and making it comparable to the most famous international cities, and among the most prominent things in which the Makkah Tower has been built, which will take us the following lines of article in an expanded tour to get to know it.
What is the clock tower?
- The clock tower, or what is known as the Mecca Clock, is one of the giant tourism projects in the Holy City of Makkah, with a height of more than 600 meters, making it the highest hour in the world. This watch was created over the Abraj Al Bait Complex, opposite the Grand Mosque. The Abraj Al Bait Complex consists of 7 skyscrapers, and the Fairmont Hotel, which is the third tallest building in the world, and the fifth tallest free-standing building in the world. In addition, it is the largest space for a tower complex in the world.
- It consists of four hours, one in each side, so that it can be seen from all sides.
- Made in Germany, the watch contains light bumpers that emit lights for public events, and it also alerts light signals at every ear.
- The call to prayer is broadcast directly across the clock of Mecca, so that visitors to the Sacred House of God, citizens and residents can hear the call to prayer in an area of approximately seven kilometers.
- And at times of call to prayer lights are lit in white and green issued by more than 21,000 light bulbs, and these lights can be seen from a distance of 30 kilometers.
- The watch faces are covered with nearly 100 million pieces of glass mosaic.
- 2 million LED lights are used in the lighting of the hour.
- The total weight of the Mecca hour is 36 thousand tons.
- The watch is made of carbon fiber, which is made from aircraft, and its capacity exceeds the capacity of iron three times, and it has a unique ability to resist the bad weather conditions from rain, humidity, temperatures, etc.
- The clock works at Mecca, which is three hours later than Greenwich Mean Time.
The clock tower how many floors
- The clock tower consists of 90 floors and contains 1960 housing units.
- The number of elevators in the clock tower is 50 elevators.
The cost of the Mecca hour
The cost of the Makkah clock is $ 3 billion, and it includes building the adjacent towers, which is equivalent to about 11 billion Saudi riyals, and this is considered one of the largest mega projects in the world, which is about three times the cost of constructing the Burj Khalifa. The capacity of the towers of the house is about 21,000 people.Read:What is the length of the clock tower in Mecca
The weight of the crescent moon in Mecca
The height of the crescent is 23 meters
Clock Tower Museum
The Clock Tower Museum is located at the highest point in Makkah Al-Mukarramah, and it is located on four floors, the first floor has the clock of Mecca. And the second floor contains an exhibition of methods of measuring time, where the visitor takes a tour to know the methods of measuring time, from the primitive methods that were used to measure time on the sun and the moon, and even the most recent methods that adopted the ultimate accuracy. The third role is specific to the sun, the moon, and all cosmic phenomena related to them. As for the fourth and final role, it is devoted to the universe in general, in which the visitor learns about the various astronomical phenomena that people have experienced since ancient times.Read:Where is King Abdullah Economic City located?
Clock tower tickets
The clock tower is open every day in Ramadan every day from one in the afternoon until six in the evening, and from ten in the evening until two in the morning.
During Ramadan, the museum opens its doors to visitors from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
The entrance ticket to the clock tower is SAR 150.