Khartoum, the Sudanese capital, is known as the largest Sudanese city, with a population of about 1.974,647, according to statistics in 2020. Khartoum is located at the junction of the Blue Nile River, which flows from the western side of Ethiopia, and the White River that flows from Lake Victoria from the north side , And falls
The old part of Khartoum is next to the White Nile River, while the newest part is on the southern side towards the airport.
The city of Omdurman is considered the second largest Sudanese city, with a population of 1,200,000 people, according to statistics in 2020 AD, and this city is located on the west bank of the Nile River, and in the direction that corresponds to the Sudanese capital, and it is indicated that it is the unofficial cultural capital of the country; He mentioned it in many different poems and songs, and it is a symbol of diversity in Sudan, and is home to many famous artistic and musical facilities, and is famous for many foreign markets with multiple cultures, in addition to the fish market located on the banks of the Nile River, and the House of the Caliph Museum is one of its most important places. Greet.
The city of Khartoum is freely the third largest Sudanese city, located on the eastern bank of the Nile in the state of Khartoum, and the city of Khartoum is located to the south of it, while Omdurman is located on its western side, and it is mentioned that it is the most important industrial center in all parts of Sudan, as it owns many basins Shipbuilding, marine workshops, railway workshops and sawmills, in addition to its prestigious position in the trade of food, livestock, and cotton. It also manufactures bricks, food, textiles, etc. There are many chemical factories that provide various household products for you. Across Sudan.
Other cities in Sudan
There are many information related to the major cities in Sudan, which refer to statistics conducted in 2020, including the following:
- Nyala: The population of Nyala is approximately 565,734 people.
- Port Sudan: This city is located on the Red Sea, and it is one of the main coastal cities in Sudan, with a population of about 489,725 people.
- Kassala: Built on the banks of the Gash River, this city is famous for its fruit gardens and has a population of about 401,477 people.
- the White: The city is the seat of Anglican Catholic and Episcopal, with a population of approximately 393,311 people.
- Gedaref: It is the capital of the Sudanese state of Gedaref, with a population of approximately 363,945 people.