Timgad is one of the wonderful ancient cities located in the state of Batna, Algeria, as it is the center of Roman civilization, and it is the only one that has remained in its shape until now. Ancient Algeria.
Activities you can do in Timgad Batna
• You can walk around the ancient Temgad and see the magnificent architecture of that ancient city, especially the Kadia Madawar Dam, which indicates the life that the ancient Romans lived in that city.
• The Roman ruins of Timgad find a sundial located inside the public square, which is a set of long, perpendicular lines that work to determine the time by sunlight. You can look at it and take pictures next to that strange clock.
• You can visit the public library located in Timgad, which was once ranked second among the Roman libraries in the world and consists of 8 shelves.
• Madinah theater you can visit, where many celebrations and festivals are held to this day, the most important of which is the Temgad Festival. You can enjoy your time in the wonderful celebrations.
• Among the ruins of Timgad Roman you find great Roman antiquities such as the Temple of the Roman god Saturn and includes an object of stone engraved with ancient writings in the Romanian language, some news about him, in addition to stone figures and pottery in addition to wonderful mosaic paintings.
Business hours start from 9 in the morning until 5 in the evening, open seven days a week.
Best hotels near Timgad Batna
HOTEL CHELIA is one of the best 4-star hotels in Algeria, up to 40.2 km away.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
Timgad Batna website