The summit of the Schmittenhohe mountain is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Zell am See, not even Austria.
The summit of the mountain rises to 2000 meters above sea level overlooking the charming Lake Zell am See and its natural surroundings, so it is one of the most important tourist areas in Austria.
The mountain is a popular destination for ski lovers, between December and April. It is also a great destination for tourists in the summer, as the cable car provides them with breathtaking panoramic views of nature.
The summit of the Schmitten Hoh Mountain can be reached by cable car or walking on foot, starting from the center of Zell am See.
Where guiding boards are available along the way to guide visitors to the summit, there are also many restaurants and entertainment facilities for children to find there.
Table of Contents
The best activities in the Schmitten mountain huh Zell am See
• Ascension to the cable car to reach the summit of Mount Schmitten Hoh, which is a wonderful experience that is difficult to have an analogous, as you will have a view of Lake Zell am See and the green nature surrounding it.
• If you are a snowboarder, you will have the opportunity to show off your talents and enjoy skiing at the top of the mountain in the season in which the mountain is snowed in winter.
At the top of the mountain, ski equipment rental centers are available, as well as beginners coaches
• As for the date of your visit in the summer, when the mountain is covered in green, you can practice climbing altitude, which is an exciting experience that you will have. There are organized trips with guides that provide you with the necessary equipment for your trip.
• If you are a fan of hiking or cycling, there are special roads for long distances up to the top of the mountain
• You can rest in one of the restaurants or cafes on the road to the top of the mountain or at the top and get a hot drink while enjoying the beauty of the atmosphere and the surrounding views
• After completing your trip on Mount Schmitten Huh, and on your way back, do not forget to pass through Lake Zell am See, which is the most important and most beautiful tourist attraction in Zell am See.
Cable car hours
Cable car ride from May 15 to June 6 daily from 9:00 am until 16:30 pm.
From June 7 to September 21 daily from 8:00 half to 17:00 pm.
From September 22 until October 19 every day from 9:00 am until 16:00
Cable car prices
Rise to altitude of 2000 meters (round trip)
18,50 € for adults
9,20 € for children
Rise to a height of 1400 meters (round trip)
11,70 euros for adults
5,70 € for children
To learn more information and changing prices, you can visit the official website of the park .. from here
The best hotels near Mount Schmitten huh Zell am See
Berg Schmittenau Hotel is one of the best hotels in Zell am See. It is located next to the mountain cable car station, Mount Schmitten Hoh Zell am See.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel got very good reviews in all respects.
The Pension Margaret Hotel is one of the best hotels in Austria in Zell am See. It is located on top of the Schmitten huh Zell am See
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel received great reviews for location, cleanliness, staff, view. Some visitors after the hotel criticized the city center.
The Schmitten site, huh Zell am See