Sultan Ahmed Mosque is considered one of the most important masterpieces of Islamic Ottoman art and architecture in Turkey and the world, and indeed one of the most famous landmarks of Istanbul that attract tourists to it from everywhere, which is located in Sultan Ahmed Street
The history of the construction of Sultan Ahmed Istanbul Mosque dates back to 1609-1616, when he ordered the establishment of the Ottoman Sultan Ahmed to cover the impact of the defeat of his armies in front of the Persian and Austro-Hungarian armies at that time and his mausoleum was placed after his death in the vicinity of the mosque.
The Sultan Ahmed Mosque of Turkey is famous for its spacious space that accommodates 10,000 worshipers and its exquisite exterior design, which closely resembles the design of the Sacred Mosque in Mecca with its multiple minarets, and its impressive internal inscriptions, dominated by blue and gold color, which resemble the Dome of the Rock Mosque in Jerusalem, and from here came its fame in the name of the Blue Mosque.
To get to know the most important activities that can be done inside and around the Sultan Ahmed Mosque, one of the most important tourist places in Istanbul and the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey.Read:The 9 best tourist destinations in Taksim Istanbul
The most important activities that can be taken when visiting Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul
• From the beginning you can enjoy the wonderful exterior architectural design, which is considered one of the most beautiful and most important masterpieces of Muhammad Agha, a student of the famous Ottoman architect Sinan Agha, where the mosque is distinguished from the outside by 6 graceful minarets adorning it on both sides with 8 huge domes.
• Afterwards, you can enjoy the design of Sultan Ahmed Mosque from the inside where the huge polished columns, raised ceilings and decorated with Islamic Ottoman inscriptions dominated in the blue color, Quranic verses engraved with gold water, golden and crystal chandeliers, stained glass, conical mihrab decorated with ceramics, and other forms of art Eye-catching.
• You can also pray at the Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul and enjoy an invaluable spiritual atmosphere and you will not find it in the mosques of the world after the forbidden and Al-Aqsa mosques.
• You can also capture the most amazing photos of the surroundings of the Blue Mosque, its innovative interiors, and its courtyard decorated with a hexagonal fountain.Read:The 10 best activities on Istanbul Istiklal Street
• You can then wander around the historical Sultanahmet area, which is characterized by its simple traditional houses, markets and popular bathrooms, with visiting the most important monuments of Sultanahmet Square such as the German Fountain in Istanbul, the Basilica Tank, Hagia Sophia Museum, Hagia Sophia in addition to the nearby Islamic Museum Istanbul.
• Finally, after the end of your guided tours, you can have a delicious local meal in one of the prestigious Istanbul restaurants around the Blue Mosque such as Marbella, Seven Hills, Seasons, Magnora Restaurant and Cafe, and others.
The best hotels in Sultanahmet near the mosque
Four Seasons Istanbul Sultanahmet is one of the best 5-star Istanbul hotels, just 500 meters walk from Sultan Ahmed Mosque.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
Most of the Arab hotel visitors rated it excellent for the food, location, staff and hygiene. Some considered the price at the hotel high.
Arcadia Hotel Istanbul is one of the best 4 star Sultanahmet Istanbul hotels, just 300 meters walk from Sultan Ahmed Mosque.Read:The 7 best activities at Solar Beach Istanbul
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
Arcadia Hotel Istanbul has received great reviews in terms of location, cleanliness, view, staff, services.
The food items for breakfast were few and not varied.
Where is Sultan Ahmed Mosque located?