With a colossal statue embodying a Buddha welcoming you to the entrance of the National Museum of Colombo, your interesting tour has begun in one of the most famous and ancient museums and tourist places in Sri Lanka, which includes the ancient story of Sri Lanka.
When you enter the museums galleries dating back to 1877 AD, you will encounter all kinds of art, sculptures and statues from the ancient past in Sri Lanka, as well as swords, guns and other tools from the colonial period of the country, there are copies of English paintings dating back to the nineteenth century Sri Lanka, in addition to Collection of antique devil masks.
The best activities in the National Museum of Colombo
• Participate in a tour inside the museum and see the beauty of the architectural design of this building, as it is distinguished by its white color and the italyn style, as it appears as a polished marble stone with its arches and beautiful windows decorated with a group of trees, you will learn how to create and develop it until it became the most famous museum in the country.Read:The most beautiful tourist places in Sri Lanka
• Digging deeper into the history of the country, its cultures, customs and traditions, and getting acquainted with Sri Lanka’s modern and ancient history through touring and navigating the museum’s holdings. It includes manuscripts and stones since the early ages BC for the first person in the country. You will love this sentence mixed with knowledge.
For those who love arts and aesthetics, you will enjoy watching the amazing amazing elaborate paintings, antiques and statues of ancient deities, the heritage part and the traditional folk costume in Sri Lanka.
• You can visit the section on the natural environment in Sri Lanka through the ages, see mummies and ancient natural fossils, as well as great animal structures and a close look at the natural history of the country.
• Certainly, you will not miss the opportunity to enter the huge library and learn about the most important books and manuscripts and how to collect and preserve them, which reflects the cultural and practical heritage of the country and the local population. You can see some literature in Arabic.
• If you feel the need to eat or sip some coffee, there is a good restaurant that serves delicious meals and hot and cold drinks inside the museum you can go through and enjoy your tour and perhaps sit on one of the benches outside under the trees.
• You can take the most beautiful souvenir pictures for you and your friends inside the museum or in front of the Buddha statue of doctrine.
From 9:00 am until 18:00 pm on weekdays.
Admission is free for all individuals.
Hotels near National Museum of Colombo
Residence by Oga Escapes, one of Sri Lanka’s best 5-star hotels, Colombo is 0.5 miles from Colombo National Museum, Colombo
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel got excellent reviews in all respects.
Taro Villas – Lake Lodge is a 4-star hotel in Colombo, 0.9 km from Colombo National Museum
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
Overall the hotel received excellent reviews. Some visitors complained about the presence of some insects.
The site of the Colombo National Museum, Sri Lanka
Read:Where is Colombo and what are the most important cities near Colombo