Golden Horn Istanbul is a peninsula that takes the form of the century located within the scope of European Istanbul and is divided into two halves and is considered the main downstream of the Bosphorus water, occupying the rank of the best natural ports in the world since ancient times and since it was a place of concentration of the Byzantine and Ottoman naval forces and the completion of commercial shipping operations.
The Golden Horn is surrounded by a group of the most important historical and touristic areas in Istanbul such as Eminonu, Fatih and Ayoub in the southwest and Beyoglu in the northeast, while it is located in the famous Sergiyek Istanbul region, which made it one of the most important tourist areas in Turkey and the most beautiful tourist attractions in Istanbul
If you ask yourself where to go in Istanbul, the answer to this report is that we review the most important places that you can visit at the Golden Horn in Istanbul, and the best hotels near it.
The most important activities that can be taken when visiting the Golden Horn
• You can explore the Golden Horn peninsula by touring the Golden Horn in Istanbul with a cruise ship that travels the region, departing every hour from Uskudar Station to reach Eyup Station.
• You can also enjoy watching and photographing the gardens and forests that extend along the banks of Golden Horn Istanbul while you are sailing or hiking near them.
• Upon reaching the last station, which is the station of the historic Ayoub district, which is popular with tourism, you can visit some archaeological areas with religious and heritage sanctity of the Turks, such as the mosque and the tomb of the companion Abu Ayyub al-Ansari, as well as some picturesque natural areas such as Berluti Hill Istanbul and its famous café
• You can also enjoy visiting tourist places in Istanbul that the city is famous for, dating back to the Byzantine and Ottoman eras such as Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Palace of the High Gate, which is not more than 15-20 minutes from the Golden Horn Istanbul.
• You can also enjoy a picnic and take the most beautiful panoramic pictures of the surrounding of the Golden Horn Istanbul and the most important landmarks of Istanbul through the rise of bridges such as the Galata Bridge or Ataturk Bridge, which is not more than 10 minutes from the ocean of the Golden Horn
• You can also take a tour of the antique streets of the historic surroundings of the Golden Horn and take the most magnificent pictures of its old traditional wooden houses.
• You can also ride the Istanbul cable car next to the Golden Horn and enjoy the best shots of Istanbul, the most famous and most beautiful tourist attractions, and it is one of the wonderful leisure activities that families and children prefer.
• Finally, you can enjoy a delicious Turkish meal in one of Istanbul’s restaurants located in the vicinity of the Golden Horn of Istanbul such as Medina Restaurant, Great Restaurant, Antakya Restaurant, Magnora Restaurant and Cafe, and others.
• You can finally visit the sights near the Golden Horn of Istanbul, such as Aminunu Port, Yawuz Selim Mosque to see the masterpieces of its designs, or the Fatih Istanbul Bazaar to buy souvenirs at reasonable prices.
The best visiting hours
Everyday from 7:30 in the morning until 7:30 in the evening
The best hotels near Istanbul’s Golden Horn
Grand Bay Taksim is one of the best 4-star Istanbul hotels, 2.5 km away from the Golden Horn.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has a good evaluation on site, cleanliness and prices, with complaints about the staff, frequent breakfast, malfunctions of air conditioners in some rooms, in addition to the cleanliness of towels in some rooms.
Radisson Blu Hotel is the best hotel in Taksim, away from the Golden Horn, 2.8 km away.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel is rated well for the location, cleanliness, comfort, facilities, staff, breakfast, value for money and Wi-Fi.
Istanbul Golden Horn site
Articles you may also be interested in in Istanbul:
Istanbul Hotels: 10 best recommended areas for housing in Istanbul
The most important tips before booking Istanbul hotels
Discover the 50 best serviced apartments in Istanbul
The best 60 places to visit in Istanbul
The 6 best recommended Istanbul restaurants
The most important 7 tips before renting a car in Istanbul
A trip to Turkey: all you need to know in one place!