Anatolia Castle, which also bears the name of the beautiful castle, is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Istanbul, located in the Asian side of the city, and is characterized by a charming view of the Bosphorus Strait, and its construction has passed nearly 700 years, making it one of the most important tourism sites in Istanbul and tourism in Turkey in general.
The castle was built by order and under the supervision of Sultan Bayezid I on the ruins of the Temple of Uranus, and the total area of the castle is 7 thousand square meters and it borders the most narrow area of the Bosphorus. You can enjoy a large number of activities inside the castle, which we will discuss in the next lines.
Table of Contents
The best things to do at Anatolia Castle
• Enjoy watching the castle’s design from the outside, which carries the distinctive Ottoman heritage. Walk around the castle to see the rectangular building, while the castle building itself is surrounded by another building that has conical sides.
• You can also get to know a part of Istanbul’s civilization by watching the stones that were used to build the castles of the city in the Ottoman decade, and the architecture that the Turks distinguished during that period.
• Enjoy watching the Bosphorus strait when you stand facing the Anatolian Castle, as the main purpose of its construction was to monitor any external invasions that could come through the Bosphorus.
• In the evening, you can enjoy seeing Anatolia Castle lit by several lights that make it radiate in a breathtaking view, especially during the winter when the snow falls, as the castle appears as a pearl in white.
• You can take the most beautiful memorial photos near the Anatolia castle that will dazzle your friends and relatives, and you can take the most beautiful pictures of the Bosphorus and the landmarks surrounding the castle.
• You can enjoy seeing the old wooden houses stacked next to Anatolia Castle in an organized image, which is characterized by its charming view on the shores of the Sea of Marmara.
• After wandering around the castle, you can head out to rent some water boats that swim in the Sea of Marmara and enjoy a wonderful marine tour where the seagulls fly over them in a delightful picture.
• After the end of your enjoyable trip, you can have some meals in the restaurants spread around the castle, where it is characterized by serving delicious Turkish cuisine.
• You can also drink a delicious Turkish coffee in any cafe near the castle, and enjoy seeing the sunset from the top of the Bosphorus in a wonderful sight.
• After completing your tour of the castle, you can complete your tour between the tourist places in nearby Istanbul, such as Kujuksu Palace and Sultan Mehmed Fatih Bridge.
All days of the week except for Wednesday from 9.30 in the morning until 4.30 in the afternoon.
Prices for entry tickets
The entry price per person is 18 TL.
Hotels near Istanbul Anatolia Castle
Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul is one of the best 4-star hotels in Istanbul, Escudar, Istanbul. It is 5.5 km from Anatolia Castle.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel rated it great for both staff, comfort, cleanliness and value for money.
Some guests complained about the diversity of breakfast, and the limited space in some rooms.
My Dora Istanbul Hotel is one of the best 3-star Kadikoy Istanbul hotels away from Anatolia Castle, 13 km away.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The location of Anatolia Castle on the map