Table of Contents
The best time to visit Azerbaijan
The period from April to June is considered one of the best times to visit Azerbaijan. During this period, tourists can enjoy the clear sky, green landscapes, and flowers that fill the country, and October is considered one of the good times to travel to, as it enjoys warmth and nights. The net, as well as the possibility to enjoy the appropriate temperatures during the spring and early fall seasons, where you can walk in the Caucasus Mountains, and enjoy sightseeing during the summer, and locals are advised to avoid visiting the country in the middle of the summer and winter seasons, etc. Temperatures rise to forty degrees Celsius, or the temperature drops below freezing.
Climate of Azerbaijan
Central and eastern Azerbaijan are characterized by a dry subtropical climate, moderate and long winters, and a very hot summer, with an average temperature of approximately 27 degrees Celsius, and a maximum temperature of 43 degrees Celsius, while the southeast of the city is characterized by a humid subtropical climate with the highest rate of precipitation The annual rainfall ranges from 1,200-1,400 millimeters, and most of it falls in the cold months, while the dry continental climate, hot dry summers, and cold winters prevail in Nakhichevan, and other parts of the country also experience warm, humid, temperate, and dry climates, The mountain forest area is characterized by a cool climate Moderate.
Tourist attractions in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan is distinguished as a distinctive tourist destination, and is famous for its religious sites, historical monuments and health resorts. Among the most important of its features are the following:
- Baku: Baku is classified as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, as it contains many beautiful historical and religious sites, in addition to its distinctive style in modern architecture.
- old City: The ancient city is classified as the first UNESCO World Heritage Site in the country, and is home to the Schwarzahnen Palace, Virgo, and many well-preserved structures.
- Gobustan Rock Carvings: It is a cultural landscape of Gobustan rocks located on the outskirts of the city of Baku, which is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites, and is characterized by its ancient rock carvings, and is located around these rock carvings inhabited caves, settlements, and burial sites said to date back to 5,000-40,000 years ago.
- Tourist resorts: Naftalan Oil Resort is one of the famous spa resorts around the world, which is visited by tourists for therapeutic and health purposes.
- Sheki: It is one of the oldest settlements in the Caucasus region, and it is a city for craftsmen and merchants.
- Caspian sea: The Caspian Sea is the largest lake in the world and one of the best places to visit in Azerbaijan. The coast extends more than 500 km from the border with southern Iran and northern Dagestan.