Table of Contents
The Cairo Tower is located in the Arab Republic of Egypt on the famous Al Moez Street in Cairo, specifically in the Al-Jazeera region which is also known as Zamalek, near the Museum of Modern Art, and the tower is considered one of the most important landmarks in the city of Cairo; With its magnificent and charming views of the city, it is worth noting that it is a tall concrete tower, with a height of about 187 meters, and it is distinguished by its mesh shape, and at its end from the top it resembles a lotus flower, and there is also a rotating restaurant that gives the visitor the opportunity to enjoy Food handed with beautiful views, featuring a tower set of telescopes that provide the opportunity to see the city landmarks and recognizable.
Cairo tower design and construction
The tower was founded at the time of President Gamal Abdel Nasser, and it should be mentioned that President Abdel Nasser created it, to be a symbol of the Arab resistance, as it was started to build in 1954 AD, and completed in 1961 AD, and reinforced concrete was used, in addition to polished granite with a pink color in its construction, as it is He needed about 500 workers to build it, knowing that the architect was designed by Egyptian architect Noam Shabib.
General information about the Cairo Tower
There is some information that you must know about the horoscope, the most important of which are:
- The tower is distinguished by being decorated with colorful lights that give it beauty, and the city.
- The tower is considered one of the most famous landmarks in the city of Cairo, after the Egyptian pyramids.
- The tower is the tallest building in the north of the African continent.
- The tower contains a collection of beautiful mosaics that decorate the lobby.
- The entrance ticket to the tower is 60 pounds per person.
- The tower opens its doors from eight in the morning until midnight, and in the summer to one o’clock at night.