Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge
The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge in China is the longest bridge in the world, with a length of an estimated distance of 164,800 meters. It was completed in 2010 AD, and then the express railways linking Beijing and Shanghai via this bridge began in 2011, and in the same The year was entered in the Guinness Book of Records.
Information about Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge
The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge was built by China in just four years by ten thousand workers, at a cost of $ 8.5 million. This bridge crosses through low rice fields, crosses part of the Yangtze River Delta, and also crosses for a short distance the open waters of Yangcheng Lake In Suzhou, it is approximately 31 meters above the ground.
Facts about Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge
Some facts about the Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge include:
- The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge connects the cities of Nanjing and Shanghai with train connections between the two sites, and is part of the Beijing-Shanghai express railway plan.
- The Danyang-Kunshan Great Bridge was built to be very durable, to withstand earthquakes, typhoons and other types of natural disasters.
- The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is built on low rice fields, rivers, lakes, and canals.
- The construction of the Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge began in 2006 and opened in June 2016, when it was first used in public transportation.
The largest bridges in the world
Other major bridges in the world include:
- The Changhua-Kaohsiung Bridge in Taiwan, which is classified as the second largest bridge in the world, extends for an estimated distance of 157,317 meters.
- The Great Kangde Bridge, which is part of the Beijing-Shanghai Express Railway, runs 115,900 meters.
- The Tianjin Great Bridge in China stretches for an estimated distance of 113,700 meters.
- Weinan Wei Bridge in China, which extends 79,732 meters.
- Hong Kong Zhuhai Macau Bridge in China, spanning 54,717 meters.
- The Bang Na highway bridge in Thailand runs 54,000 meters.
- Beijing’s Great Bridge, spanning 48,153 meters.
- Pontchartrain Lake Bridge in the United States of America, spanning 38,442 meters.
- Wuhan Lin 1 Bridge in China, spanning 37,788 meters.