Information about the Masmak Fortress Palace or as it is called the Deira neighborhood is what we offer you, dear reader, through this article, which we monitor the most important tourist attractions that exist in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and dating back to the year 1895.
It is worth noting that this palace is one of the historical monuments that have become a witness to the building and establishment of the kingdom, as it is due to the history of the battle through which the Al Saud was able to obtain Riyadh and thus the kingdom was unified on the fifth of Shawwal for the year 1319 AH, and the fifteenth of January For the year 1902, let us learn about the many mysteries and secrets that the Masmak Palace holds in its folds through this article presented to you by Arab travelers, follow us.
Information about Masmak Palace
There is a lot of information about this palace, which has become a witness to the history of the unification of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, so let us get to know those mysteries and secrets related to this palace through the following lines.Read:Tourism in Kyrgyzstan
- In 1895, Prince Abdul Rahman bin Dabaan built this palace, which includes many of the areas that we will refer to, after he assumed the reign of Muhammad Abdullah Al-Rashid over the Emirate of Riyadh.
- As a historical struggle erupted on the land of this region between the Al-Saud family and the Rashid family, and the date of the annexation of this palace to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its restoration in the year 1902 AD at the hands of the late King Abdulaziz bin Saud.
- It is worth noting that it is this battle that is still printed on the walls of the palace’s teeth.
- Historians have called the Masmak Palace several names including the castle, the Masmak, and the fort.
- After the battle ended, the palace was used as a weapons depot, but later it became a historical tourist attraction with many charming monuments, the most famous of which is Diwaniya, the mosque, the well, the towers, and the courtyard.
- Dear reader, you can go to the palace daily, provided that the audience is received on Saturday from nine in the morning until eight in the evening, as for the official working hours for the palace from Sunday until Thursday, which starts from eight in the morning until nine in the evening, and the palace also receives visitors Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm.
Dimensions of Masmak Palace
- Also, we find that since entering the first gate, it feels ancient and huge, as it is about 2.65 m wide, while its length reaches about 3.60 m, and its thickness is about 10 cm.
Diwaniyah Palace Masmak
- As for Diwaniya or Majlis, which is one of the most prominent tourist attractions that exist in this palace, we can find it on the opposite side of the entrance, which takes the shape of a rectangle in its shape, and contains a neighbor similar to that found in Najd, in addition to the ventilation and lighting openings.
Masmak Palace Mosque
- It is the one that includes a large group of places that affect the conscience as soon as we see it, it is the one that is located on the left side of the entrance; and also it is the one that includes the pillars, and the Qur’ans that are found on attractive shelves coordinated by the mihrab.
Masmak Palace’s courtyard
- The Al Bahah has many rooms that connect to each other through columns.
- In the courtyard there is a staircase that leads visitors to the roof of the palace.
- Likewise, we find that this courtyard is the one that includes 3 housing units: the first is allocated to the king, the second belongs to the money house, and the third and final unit is the one that specializes in guests and their residence.
Masmak Palace Towers
- It is one of the most essential features that possess magic and high attractiveness. The palace may have many towers. It is worth noting that all corners of the palace contain a tower that reaches a height of about 18 cm.
- Likewise, we find that these are the towers that overlook the tower, in what are called those square towers, given their square shape.
- Also, dear reader, you can get acquainted with more of the highlights of Al-Masmak Historical Museum 2 and dates of the visit.
Through this article, we presented important information about the palace, which has become one of the most important historical evidence of the unification of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.Read:The most important landmarks in Frankfurt