Burj Khalifa in Dubai tops the list of the most famous landmarks in the city, which in turn is one of the most attractive destinations for tourists in the world, as their number in 2020 reached about ten million tourists, and what distinguishes this tower is that it is the highest in the world surrounded by many of the famous landmarks of the emirate.
Officials in the Emirate of Dubai are making strenuous efforts to develop the tourism sector, by allocating a budget of more than $ 10 million, and the establishment of the Burj Khalifa was a major breakthrough in the development of this field, which was able to attract the world’s attention, and through Arab travelers we will learn more about The date of construction of the tower, along with details of its area.
The most important information about the Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- In September 2004, officials started work on its establishment, and in 2009 they finished establishing the outer framework for it, and in 2010 it was officially announced that it opened in the presence of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to become the first tower in the world, which totaled a cost of about 4.5 billion Dollars
- The design of this tower is due to the accomplished American engineer Adrian Smith, who blended the modern style of architecture with the old style of Islamic architecture.
- When the construction of the Burj Khalifa was started, officials called it the Burj Dubai, but it was again renamed the Burj Khalifa in honor and appreciation of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan for his great efforts in the advancement of the state.
- The area of the tower reaches about 4 million square meters, while its height reaches 828 m, and there are about 900 exhibition fountains around the tower.
- The tower contains 57 electric elevators with a speed of about 600 m per minute, and the load of one elevator reaches more than 5000 kilograms.
- The company that owns the tower is Emaar Real Estate Company, while the company executing the project is Hydro Consulting.
Burj Khalifa, how many floors?
The number of floors of the tower reaches about 200 floors, but the upper floors are designated for broadcasting and communication purposes, and below we show you the most prominent places inside the tower through the following:
1. Residential units:
The tower includes about 900 housing units on the floors ranging from 19 to 108 floors, some of which contain one, two or three rooms, and these units are characterized by the luxury of their design and contain higher quality facilities, such as swimming pools, as well as meeting rooms and a library, and there is also a section Special for reception of a number of floors, such as floors 43, 76 and 123.
2. Armani Hotel Dubai:
- It is one of the most luxurious hotels in Dubai, with an opening dating back to March 18, 2010, and Giorgio Armani, the international designer, is the owner of this hotel.
- The hotel includes about 160 rooms, in addition to a number of hotel apartments, which reach about 144 apartments, which are characterized by high-end design.
- The hotel has many services like swimming pools, fitness center, room service and cleaning, as well as the library.
3. Recreational and commercial services:
- The officials in charge of building the hotel were keen to provide all services to residents and visitors, which are fitness centers and swimming pools, as well as spa centers and restaurants, the most prominent of them is the Atmosphere Restaurant, one of the most famous restaurants in Dubai, which is located on the 122nd floor, which is characterized by serving the most famous international dishes.
- One of the most prominent recreational facilities for the tower is the “Armani Pavilillon” balcony, which overlooks the tower of the tower and the surrounding fountains, which are dedicated to various occasions.
- The tower has a two-storey underground car park, and can accommodate about 3000 cars.
- The tower is surrounded by an 11 hectare park and is uniquely designed in a unique engineering style.