Popular neighborhoods in Istanbul include the most important tourist places in the city, there are many heritage streets in various areas that you must visit.
Istanbul is one of the busiest cities in Turkey, which attracts more than 10 million tourists annually due to its charming tourist destinations, as it was considered one of the oldest cities in the world, as it was the capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empire.
Through Arab travelers, we show you the most important and famous popular neighborhoods in Istanbul and the most important shops and places that you can visit there in order to spend unforgettable times.
The most prominent popular neighborhoods in Istanbul
1. The neighborhood of Bebek
- It is one of the most popular neighborhoods of visiting tourists, and it is located on the European side of Turkey.
- The neighborhood is characterized by its many picturesque natural places, and this is a suitable place to wander around in order to enjoy their wonderful views.
- Going to Bebek means that you must taste delicious seafood, and you can visit the Poseidon Restaurant, which is the most famous there, which offers distinctive varieties of fish.
- There are also many restaurants that you can visit there to savor Turkish delicacies such as Turkish kebabs.
- The neighborhood includes many other places like many shopping malls, as well as Turkish fashion houses.
2. Sultan Ahmed neighborhood
- Visiting popular neighborhoods in Istanbul means that it is necessary to visit Sultanahmet neighborhood, as it is one of the oldest places there.
- This neighborhood is vibrant in history, as it contains many monuments and many historical monuments of the Byzantine and Ottoman eras.
- You can see these artifacts and artifacts by visiting the neighborhood museums, most notably the Topkapi Museum, in addition to the Hagia Sophia Museum and Museum, as well as the Blue Mosque, which is the most famous in this neighborhood.
- Not only does the neighborhood contain historical places and landmarks, there are many bazaars out there that sell many distinctive silver and copper handicrafts.
3. Taksim and Biogul district
- This neighborhood is located in Taksim Square in Istanbul, and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations.
- The place includes many stores that contain the most prominent international clothing brands for shopping lovers.
- The neighborhood also contains many modern luxury hotels.
- Among the most prominent places in the neighborhood is the beer museum, which includes many artifacts, as well as the area of Cocorcoma, where you will find many antique stores.
4. Cihangir district
- It is also one of the most popular and heritage neighborhoods attractive to tourists, and it is characterized by its many bars, along with its winding streets.
- A visit to the Cihangir neighborhood means that you must go to the Turkish sweets shops that are spread there and that sell multiple varieties, whether Turkish or international.
- The most distinguishing feature of this right is that it is the residence of many celebrities, whether writers or artists, and it also contains many stores specialized in selling jewelry and antiques.
4. Eminonu and Beyazit neighborhood
- It is a neighborhood that includes the Eminonu and Beyazit regions, and they are located close to Istanbul’s Galata Bridge, which is one of the most famous bridges there.
- The Eminonu area has many restaurants that offer many dishes, especially seafood, at a reasonable price.
- Another advantage of the Eminonu region is that it includes one of the most important world heritage sites, which is the Solomon Mosque, which dates back to 1557.
- As for the Beyazid region, one of the most prominent places is the Grand Bazaar, which is considered one of the oldest and largest markets in the world.
5. Karakoy neighborhood
- You cannot go to Karakoy neighborhood without tasting the best Turkish sweets sold there, most notably Turkish Baklava.
- What distinguishes this neighborhood is that it is a compound of many singers and music lovers who play many Turkish songs on the oud.