Mount Nebo Jordan is an ancient mountain with a height of 710 meters above sea level, mentioned in some holy books, and the summit of the high provides panoramic views of the Jordan River Valley and the city of Jericho in the West Bank, next to the city of Jerusalem on a clear day.
Mount Nebo occupies a special place in the hearts of the people of the monotheistic religions, and the remains of a Byzantine church were discovered at its summit called Shakia, and six ancient tombs were found inside the hollow of natural rocks located below the church floor covered with wonderful mosaic drawings.
The mountain is 30 km from the capital, Amman, and the Dead Sea, and about 10 km from the city of Madaba, and it is one of the most important tourism places in Amman, Jordan.
Things to do in Mount Nebo
• You can first reach Mount Nebo on regular Jet Bus trips to the place, where you can relax and enjoy taking pictures of the most beautiful scenery.
• Then, upon reaching the site, you can enjoy a quick walking tour of the surroundings of Mount Nebo to get to know the place and its features.Read:Report on the Rotana Amman Jordan
• Then during the trip up the mountain, you can take some pictures of its beautiful nature, and some of the effects that you will encounter in several places.
• Do not forget when entering the mountain to take a picture of some of the landmarks in it, such as the entrance rock, the location board and the distance between it and some cities.
• Then you can visit the temple that includes the remains of church fossils, which include mosaic floors and murals, some monuments, and the baptismal basin.
• In the courtyards of the Temple on the top of Mount Nebo, you can see the valley of the Jordan River, the city of Jericho, and Jerusalem if the sky is clear.
You must take many photos of the unique bronze snake stick carved in the mountain Al Bahah.
• You can also go through the area of the spring, where the Prophet struck Musa with his stick to get water out of its tribes, according to what was mentioned in the heavenly books.Read:Best 7 cheap hotels in Amman Jordan Recommended 2022
You can definitely visit the Heritage Story Museum, which is located near Mount Nebo, and includes exhibits of religious, historical and cultural monuments of Jordanian heritage.
• Along the museum area, there are gift shops where you can shop, and you can have a local and international meal in a restaurant.
Entrance prices to Mount Nebo Jordan
2 Jordanian dinars per person, equivalent to $ 2.82.
Opening times in Mount Nebo Jordan
Daily from 7 in the morning until 7 in the evening in the summer, while in winter, it closes at 5 in the evening.
Hotels near Mount Nebo Jordan
The Nebo City Hotel, Dar Abu Jubran Hill, is one of the best luxury hotels in Amman, Jordan, and is 9.2 km away from the Nebo Jordan mountain.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
It got excellent reviews in terms of excellent and quiet location with breathtaking views, varied breakfast, very high standard of cleanliness, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is one of the best 5-star hotels in Jordan, and is 28.1 km away from Mount Nebo Jordan.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has received great reviews on amenities, facilities, staff, hygiene, location, breakfast and free WiFi.
Mount Nebo Jordan site on Google Map