Bibi Heybat Mosque is one of the important mosques of the city of Baku, which was built in the nineties of the last century, and the building is inspired in its architectural style from the mosque of the same name, which was built by Shervanshah Farooqzad II in the 13th century AD, and then was completely destroyed by the Bolsheviks in In the year 1936 AD, the mosque houses the shrine of Aqiyatah Khanum.
The mosque is known locally as the Fatima Mosque, and it is the name given to it by the French writer Alexander Douma when he described the mosque during his visit in the 1940s, and it is considered one of the places of tourism in ancient Azerbaijan. It also bears an Arabic inscription in the name of Mahmoud bin Saad, the same engineer who built the Nardran Fort near Baku.
Table of Contents
Activities you can do
• You can start wandering around the mosque building to take some memorial photos, and to enjoy watching the distinctive architectural style, and its features.
• You can also take pictures of the mosque’s walls, which are characterized by its Qur’anic inscriptions, its carved columns with the most beautiful drawings, and the wonderful decorations on its domes and minarets.
• Do not forget to enjoy walking in the yard of the upper building, which includes several arches and a fountain, and its balcony enjoy distinctive views of the old city and the sea.
• Then, upon entering the mosque, you will notice the majestic design of its main prayer hall, which includes ornate columns and numerous chandeliers and lanterns.
• Do not forget to pass the sterile shrine of Khanum and take pictures of his Qur’anic inscriptions, which is located under a bright emerald dome that includes several balconies.
• You must see the mosque’s wooden decorations scattered in several places and at its doors, and take pictures of its colorful windows.
The interior walls of the mosque also include many unique murals, which include gilded Quranic verses, and hadiths.
• You can rest for a while during your tour on the rooftop veranda of the mosque building, which includes many shaded seats.
• After completing your tour, you can pass through the other exciting attractions of Baku, which is near the Bab Al-Haiba Mosque.
Then end your day with a traditional delicacy in a Baku beach restaurant, and enjoy a session overlooking the Caspian coast.
Hotels near Bab Al-Haiba Mosque in Baku
Ramada Baku Hotel is one of the best 5-star Azerbaijan hotels, and it is about 7.2 km from Bab Al-Haiba Mosque in Baku.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel received good reviews on the location and views of the sea, staff cooperation, quality and variety of foods, and the level of general hygiene, while some visitors suggested renewing the room furniture, and some others experienced problems logging in.
The Crescent Beach Hotel and Resort is one of the best 4-star hotels in Baku, 6.7 km from Bab Al-Haiba Mosque in Baku.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has achieved good reviews of the location and its proximity to the beach, the variety of facilities and services it provides, the quality of the food, while some visitors complained about the lack of credibility between the photos displayed on the site with the reality of the hotel.
The site of Bab Al-Haiba Mosque in Baku on Google Map