The Imam Reza Shrine was built out of respect for the body of Imam Ali bin Musa al-Ridha, Imam Reza shrine, the eighth Imam of the Shiites in the city of Mashhad in Iran, as it is also called the Mausoleum of the Exotic, according to Imam Reza
He was born in Medina, but he was sent to rule that region of the world and spend the rest of his life until he died there and was honored to build this shrine
The mausoleum consists of the main dome below the imam’s tomb, in addition to the platforms, plates, ions, galleries and fountains of wonderful water, and is one of the most important shrines in the city of Mashhad and Iran in general, where it occupies a very important place in the hearts of the Iranian people, as this place means a lot of people around the world Continuously throughout the year for tourism purposes
The sanctuary of Imam Al-Rida is characterized by the splendor of its construction, as the alabaster stone was inserted in many of the main walls of the shrine. It is also distinguished by the beauty and splendor of its inscriptions, which are some verses from the Holy Qur’an and honorable hadiths. When visiting this historic place, you will notice the strong interest in its cleanliness and its continuous development By officials in the city of Mashhad
Also attached to the mausoleum are a large number of buildings of a cultural, social and healthy nature, the most prominent of which is a huge library that contains a huge number of diverse books, in addition to a large lounge for visitors to sit and sip various drinks
Activities you can do on the Imam Reza shrine:
• Take a tour around the campus and get acquainted with the history of its establishment closely, and see the beauty of its designs, its striking inscriptions, and the noble verses engraved on the walls and impressive galleries, and enjoy the beauty of Persian architecture and see the tomb of Imam Reza under the dome
• You can visit the visitor hall specially established for those who come to visit Imam Reza’s shrine and sanctuary, and there you will be able to sip various traditional Iranian drinks in the open air in front of the beautiful fountains.
• Book lovers and reading enthusiasts will be on a date with a huge collection of books located inside the library attached to the campus of Imam Reza, which is a very old library that is considered one of the most important parts of the place, it contains a group of mothers of books that will be very rare to find in other libraries in the world and with it Old copies of the Holy Quran
• When you visit Imam Reza’s campus, do not forget to take memorial photos that will be remembered for these beautiful moments during your visit to Iran, you will love to share your photos with your loved ones after you return to this wonderful historical and religious place
• The campus is surrounded by many shops that offer wonderful products such as embroideries, fabrics, bags, ceramics and carved wooden artifacts. You will love to buy a set of them and gift them to you after your return from your trip.
• You may be one of the lucky ones, and the date of your visit coincides with the time of celebrations, holidays and beautiful religious events that take place in the vicinity of the Imam Reza sanctuary. You will love the pleasant atmosphere and colors of lamps
Imam Reza campus site