Singapore Botanic Gardens is a tropical garden that is more than 158 years old. It was founded in 1859, it is located in central Singapore to the south and is considered one of the most important tourist places in Singapore as it has been included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Singapore is the only botanical garden in the world of its kind, open all day of the year for a long period from five in the morning until mid-night. The park includes more than 10 thousand species of plants spread over an area of 82 hectares.
The Singapore Botanical Gardens embrace, in part, the National Orchid Garden, which is one of its most important sections, and includes more than 1,200 different types of orchids.
The park attracts nearly 4.5 million visitors throughout the year, whether from the local population or tourists from all over the world.
Activities you do in the Singapore Botanic Garden
• You can start your tour by visiting the National Orchid Garden, which is one of the main sections located in the western part of the Singapore Botanic Gardens and includes hundreds of species of rare plants of the Orchid family and you will get to know tropical species of plants classified as dangerous.
• Visit the rain forest that extends over an area of 6 hectares and is considered the oldest parts of the garden and includes many types of rare plants. You will enjoy wandering around it, and visit the sun garden where the hot and desert plants are located.
• One of the most important places that we advise you to visit in the Singapore National Gardens is the Ginger Park which is a small located next to the Orchid Park, you can enjoy wandering in it and hiking, it includes a beautiful waterfall, you will want to take photographs next to it.
• The Singapore Botanic Garden includes wide green spaces for hiking and is equipped with adequate services that you can enjoy wandering about, playing with your children or sitting on the lake paths, watching pelicans swimming in it, and having a light meal with the family on the green grassy carpet that fills the place.
• There is a garden for children within the botanical gardens and it is called Jacob Palace Garden for Children that contains many areas for games, including water games, maze and others, in addition to a group of educational and recreational activities explaining to children how to use plants to make dyes and drinks and so on.
• If you come across your weekend visit, you can enjoy attending a concert held every weekend on a platform in the middle of Lake Symphony. You will enjoy this atmosphere while you are sitting on the edge of the lake and listening to the tunes played by the major music bands.
• The garden includes several distinctive restaurants and cafes where you can rest after your tour in the garden and get a delicious meal while enjoying the beauty of the landscape around you. There are also gift shops for visitors that you can buy whatever you like there.
Everyday from 5:00 am to 12:00 midnight
Admission is free to all sections of the park except for the National Orchid Garden, $ 5 for adults
You can visit the official website of the Singapore National Parks to get more information about the opening times of departments and shows click here
Hotels near Singapore Botanic Garden
Jin Tanglin Hotel Singapore by Shangri-La is one of the best 4-star hotels in Singapore, a short distance from Singapore Botanic Gardens
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel got very good reviews for the location, cleanliness, staff.
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore is one of the most luxurious 5-star hotels in Singapore, a 5-minute drive from Singapore Botanic Gardens
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel got great reviews in every way.
Singapore Botanical Garden website