The Kingdom of Cambodia is located on the southeastern side of the Asian continent, where it is surrounded by the northwestern side of Thailand, Laos on the northern side, and Vietnam on the southeastern side, in addition to the Gulf of Thailand on the southern side, and this region is considered one of the most important tourist areas because Tourism is considered the second source of income after the textile industry, and from 2007 to the present day the number of tourists is still increasing significantly; therefore we will address here the most important tourist areas in Cambodia, which include the following:
Tourism in Cambodia
There are several beautiful tourist areas in Cambodia, including:
- Koh Care: The capital of the Khmer Empire was in the period between 928 CE to 944 CE, when a group of huge and ancient buildings and statues were built, among which was the pyramid temple, which reaches a height of about thirty meters.
- My balls: It is the smallest city in Cambodia, which is located on the banks of a river called Mekong, and it includes a group of buildings dating back to the French colonial period, and what is most encouraged by tourists to go is the presence of a group of dolphins, which number between sixty-six to eighty-six dolphins.
- Preah Vihear: It is a temple located at the top of the Dângrêk Mountains, which reaches a height of about five hundred meters, specifically between the borders that link Cambodia with Thailand, and was built between the eleventh and twelfth centuries AD, during the reign of King Suryavarman I and II, and this temple was Dedicated to the Hindu deity named Shiva.
- Sihanoukville: Also called Kampung Som, it is a city that includes a resort on the shores of the Gulf of Thailand, and includes a group of white sandy beaches, in addition to a group of multiple tropical islands.
- Silver Temple: Specifically located in the main royal palace complex in an area called Phnom Penh, it contains a collection of statues inlaid with gold and various gems.
- Tonle Sap: A large lake with fresh water only, located in the southeastern region of the Asian continent.
- Bogor Hill Station: It was built during the French colonial period in the year 1920, specifically, near Kampot.
Tourists in beautiful Angkor Wat in Cambodia
Angkor Wat Or, as some call it the name of the city of the temple in relation to the luxurious and ancient temples it contains, which attract large numbers of tourists, and the first temple was built there in the twelfth century AD by the second king Suryavarman, where he built it in the form of a large reservoir in the form of a rectangle and reach a height of about two hundred Meters long, and was used as a major violin for the gods in Hindus.