Sightseeing in Dusseldorf
Dusseldorf is considered one of the distinctive tourist places throughout the year, and it is usually advised to visit it from May to September, when the weather is warm and sunny. In general, Dusseldorf is one of the cities that have an average winter, and it is a very vital field and an important center of art and hosts many celebrations and festivals annually Many tourist places in Dusseldorf, including:
- old City: The old town that the Rhine passes through is filled with churches, museums and ancient buildings and is an important landmark of Düsseldorf, and although it was destroyed during World War II, it looks like a completely ancient city where it was built on the ruins of an ancient village.
- Kongsley Street: It is surrounded by more than 200 trees on both sides, and is considered one of the most beautiful streets in the world. It divides the city in half through a trench, which is combined only by a group of bridges, and is filled with many distinctive shops and stores.
- Banarat Palace and Garden: Benrath The palace is distinguished by its unique architectural beauty and the beautiful surrounding garden, which was built in 1770 AD.
- Media Harbor: Media harbor The harbor is filled with modern restaurants and buildings and is considered the contemporary part of the city.
The city is also full of tourist and historical places such as: the Rhine Tower, Hofgarten Park, sports stadium, Japanese Dusseldorf, and many others.
Festivals and celebrations
- Annual carnival: It is celebrated every year from November to March, when the city is filled with festive marches rich in music and dance unique food, and is considered the largest celebration in the city.
- Dusseldorf Marathon: What is known as (Metro group marathon) has been held annually for more than ten years, and is usually held on the twenty-eighth of April.
- Hofgarten concerts: A group of concerts held by various artists every year.
- Grand promenade on the Rhine: It takes place every year between the eleventh and twentieth of July, and on the thirteenth of the month a major march takes place on the streets.
- Christmas Market: It is held every year in seven places in the city and contains many goods.
City of Dusseldorf
The city of Dusseldorf is located in Germany, specifically in North Rhine-Westphalia, at an altitude of 45 meters above sea level, the city has a population of 573,057 people and the city ranks fourth in the list of the largest cities in the North Rhine-Westphalia region.