Switzerland is one of the Confederate republics that consist of (26) cantons. It is located in the western side of the European continent, bordered by Germany on the northern side, the French Republic on the western side, Italy on the south, and Liechtenstein and Austria on the eastern side.
What distinguishes Switzerland is that it is a neutral country and avoids any war with neighboring countries since the thirteenth century until now, despite its presence in the heart of Europe. It celebrates its national day on August 1 of every year, as it was founded on the same date in 1291.
Advantages of Switzerland
It is considered the cradle of the Red Cross and is home to many international organizations, it is part of the Schengen, and is a member of the European Free Trade Association, although it is not from the European Union or a member of the European Economic Area, as it is distinguished by being one of the richest countries in terms of GDP per capita in the world ,, It is also distinguished by linguistic and religious diversity and the application of direct democracy.
The most prominent tourist places in Switzerland
- The Matterhorn Mountains: It is considered one of the most prominent and famous mountains in Switzerland in particular and the world in general, and it is high in height, with a height of approximately (4478) meters, where climbers come to it from various parts of the world, and despite its high altitude, it is not the highest in Switzerland .
- National Park: This park was founded in (1914) AD, and is located in the Alps from the side of Switzerland, as it is one of the oldest parks in the country; where you can enjoy looking at the Alps by sitting in this wonderful garden. The park is very large; it is half the size of Switzerland, and there are also many animals such as: elk, eagles, and badger.
- Chillon Castle: It is called “Château d’Ochion” and is one of the famous castles in the region, located near the Montreux region. The castle consists of (100) buildings, dungeons, and four huge halls, and Lake Geneva can be seen from these halls.
- Lake Geneva: It is considered one of the largest lakes in the continent of Europe, and one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. The lake is located between Switzerland (60%) and France (40%). When we look at the lake from above, it is like a crescent in shape. The area of the lake is about (600) square kilometers, and the views of the lake can be enjoyed by taking a boat tour.
- Rhine Falls: These waterfalls are located in the Schaffhausen region, and it is considered one of the largest waterfalls in the continent of Europe, where many scenic and stunning scenes can be seen from many sides.
- Zermatt: It is an ice skating resort, and also contains shopping places, restaurants, cafes, and others.