The Iranian city of Tehran is the capital of the state of Iran, as it is located on the slopes of mountains known as Alborz, and its population is estimated at more than eight million people, based on the figures of the year two thousand and six AD
The city of Tehran is the incubator for the largest part of the main Iranian industries, such as chemical, electrical, cement, sugar, textile, and others. This city also includes many universities, schools, museums, parks, theaters, and markets, which made it an important place at the level of Iranian tourism. Below is a review of some of the most important and important tourist attractions in the city of Tehran.
The most important tourist attractions in Tehran
- The bazaar: This place is considered an attractive tourist attraction even if its visitor does not intend to buy. The bazaar is characterized by its proximity to important landmarks in the city, such as the subway station, as well as its beauty, and it contains banks, restaurants, homes, shops, and mosques.
- Tugrul Tower: It is considered an important landmark in Tehran, and it was built by the Seljuk king called Tugrul in the twelfth century AD, in the Ray district.
- Ashkan Mountains: These mountains are considered an important tourist destination due to their natural beauty, and because they contain beautiful paintings of: the Qajar emperors and the Sassanid kings.
- Birth Tower: It is located to the north of the city, and reaches a height of approximately four hundred and thirty five meters. The tower is characterized by its beautiful design, it contains a planetarium, and an observatory through which the city can be spotted, in addition to a revolving restaurant.
- Bahristan Square: This square is an important tourist destination, due to its crowding with a large number of distinctive shops, as well as it contains many important tourist facilities.
- Reza Abbasi Museum: This museum contains many important holdings such as jewelry, jewelry, and pottery, and is located to the northeastern side of the downtown area.
- National Museum of Iran: This museum is located near the square known as Imam Khomeini Square. It also contains many distinguished and important Iranian historical possessions.
- Imam Zadeh Salih Mosque and Mosque: This mosque is considered one of the most beautiful Iranian mosques in terms of design, but in terms of the date of construction it dates back to the eighth century AD.
- Golestan Gardens and Palace: The palace and gardens in the Imam Khomeini Square area were built by the ruler of Fajar Nasiruddin Shah, and the palace was named the Palace of Roses, and today it is the museum’s place due to the beauty of its assets, and because it contains distinctive artifacts.
- Sarkis Cathedral: This cathedral was established at the end of the sixties of the twentieth century.
- Azday Tower and Square: This important landmark is located in the western part of the city, as it is characterized by its beautiful shape, unique design, and the distinctive gardens surrounding it. It was established in the year one thousand nine hundred and seventy one during the celebrations of the two thousand and five hundred years of the Persian Empire.