Table of Contents
Is an island of the Indian Ocean, and its capital is the city of Port Louis, and the system of government is a parliamentary republic, and its land area is 2,040 km², and its national motto is (home, work, love), and its official currency is Robbie Maurice, as it is called the name of Morris Island, and belongs to a number International organizations such as the International Development Association, the Alliance of Small Island States, the United Nations, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the International Center for Consultative Dispute Resolution, the International Finance Corporation, the World Trade Organization, the African Development Bank, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency Parties.
Geography and population of the island of Mauritius
The island is located geographically in the waters of the Indian Ocean, at a distance of 860 km from the island of Madagascar, and Mauritius is characterized as a volcanic island that includes a variety of terrain, such as some small islands, beaches, coastal coasts, and mountainous heights, such as Montenegro, forests, and its climate is characterized by a temperate climate .
In terms of population, its population reached 1,258,653 million people, according to the statistics of 2013, and its population consists of ethnic groups such as Creole, Tamil, and Chinese, and its population speaks three official languages: English, French, and Creole, and its population is condemned by the Islamic religion. , Hindu religion, and Western Christian religion.
Tourism on the island of Mauritius
- Grand Bay: It is a tourist village overlooking the sea, and is considered an important landmark on the island, and it features safe sailing facilities, swimming shows, water skiing, surfing, and deep sea fishing.
- Shammarel Village: Geographically located in the Black River region on the eastern side of the continent of Africa, it is considered one of the most famous tourist attractions on the island, as it is characterized by sand dunes of different colors, and its soft and bright sand, as it is called the land in the seven colors.
- Le chateau area: It is characterized by its construction, designed in the neoclassical italyn style, and contains a multitude of tourist attractions such as restaurants, museums, and gardens.
- Black River Gorges: It is a national park that was opened in the year 1996 AD, with an area of 16,244 hectares, and it is considered one of the best tourist attractions in the island, and it is characterized by a variety of rare birds and animals, and natural landscapes used in eye treatment.
- Le Morne Brabant: It is a peninsula and a world heritage site belonging to UNESCO, and is one of the attractive tourist attractions on the island, as it contains one basaltic rock that rises above sea level 1821 feet, and is characterized by including a number of rare plants in the world, and surrounded by lakes.
Information on the island of Mauritius
- The island became independent from the United Kingdom and Britain in the year 1968 AD on the 12th of March.
- Its gross domestic product is 12,300,000,000 USD.