We are talking to you, dear reader, through our article today from Arab travelers about what the Caucasian countries are, or as they are called the countries of the Caucasus or Caucasus, which is a geopolitical region, and the origin of this word belongs to Caucasus, which is considered the grandfather of the North Caucasians and is the son of Togarma.
Table of Contents
What are Caucasian countries?
The Caucasus regions are located at the border between the continents of Asia and Europe, and the Caucasus Mountains are located, and there is the highest mountain in Europe, Mount Albruz, which is located near the borders of Georgia specifically in the Republic of Kabardino Balkaria, which reaches a height of 5642 meters, divided into North Caucasus and Southern Caucasus.
During the following lines we will talk in some detail about this region, just follow us.
Caucasian natural life
One of the rich regions that has great environmental benefits and importance, it includes approximately 6,400 species of plants, and we find that 1,600 of them are indigenous to the Caucasus.
The natural areas contain a mixed forest, in addition to the presence of a variety of rocky lands on top of the tree places.
Wildlife includes bears, tigers, European bulls, wolves, maral, golden eagles, in addition to one of the unique types of dogs in terms of strength and magnitude, and this dog is called Caucasian Shepherd, and there are also more than 1000 species of spiders.
This region also includes plateaus, mountain ranges, hills, lakes, plains, forests, rivers, pastures, marshes, and the Caucasus has been called the Mountain of Languages.
Languages in the Caucasus
There are many different aspects, including the cultural and linguistic side, as it is the most diverse in the world in these two areas, and includes different languages, and more than fifty ethnic groups live, and the Georgians are the most speakers in the Caucasian language, and the number reaches four million, and spread by a group Many different languages include European, Hindi, Kartvelian, Turkish, Northwest Caucasian, Wipich, Chechen, Abkhazian, and others.
There are more than twenty languages in the northern part of the Caucasus, and the southern region includes four Caucasian languages.
- The population is divided into indigenous citizens who live in the center and west of the Caucasus region, and there are a number of different groups living in the northern side of Chechnya, Ingushetia, Adyghe, Yuba, Abkhaz, and others.
- Also, there are inhabitants of Persian origin, including the Ossets, who are on the southern side, in addition to the Armenians and the Karaj.
- All of them succeeded in living together, and most of them unified Islam, and consequently there became a descendant and coexistence between them, and they had one enemy, sometimes the Russians attacked this population.
- There are a host of different religions and beliefs that spread among citizens, including Orthodox Christianity and ethnicity, as well as Sunni Muslims and other Shiites, and there are followers of them in the eastern side of Azerbaijan.
- We find that the southern side is called the Transcaucasus, while the North Side is called the Transoceanic.
- And the southern part is bordered by Russia to the north, and bordered to the east by the Caspian Sea, while on the western side it is bordered by Turkey, and the Black Sea, and in the southern side is bordered by Iran, and it is located in Armenia, Georgia, except the northern places, and Azerbaijan except the northern places, and those three countries of the nation The former Soviet.
- There is another part of the Caucasus called the Russian Caucasus, and this part consists of Stavropol Krai, Krasnodar Krai, Chechnya, Karachay-Cherkessia, Adygea, Kabardino-Balkaria, North Ossetia, Ingushetia and Dagestan.
- In addition, there are three countries that are included in the Caucasus and have declared their independence, but they are not recognized internationally, and they are South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Karabakh.
It depends on its economic resources on the household industries, the agricultural field, sheep and cattle breeding, barley, wheat, corn, and others.
We find that the inhabitants of Russia, Dagestan, Armenia, and Azerbaijan work handicrafts, in addition to the manufacture and weaving of the simplest, and wine is produced in the region of Georgia.
Tourism in the Caucasus
There are many magical landscapes in it, in addition to the abundance of important historical monuments, and therefore it has become a wonderful interface for tourists who love to visit mountains, beaches, and various archaeological places, they can enjoy the following: –
- Walk the ropes to shorten the distance between one village and another.
- Kabardino Balkaria region and go to the city of Chegem.
- Visit Mount Alprose and enjoy snow climbing, and reaching the summit.