How strange this name sounds, but despite its strangeness, it is considered one of the most beautiful spots on this globe, and many people do not know what we mean by Tanzania, how beautiful this name has a beautiful musical tone, we will talk in this Arab travelers about Tanzania In order for everyone to know, expand, and learn about this wonderful and beautiful kingdom, and learn more about its many characteristics, where it is located, and its population.
Dar es Salaam is the capital of Tanzania, it is located on the eastern coast of the Indian Ocean, and was formerly called Mazezima, and it is one of the largest cities in Tanzania, and it is considered one of the largest cities in terms of population, it was counted in 2012 and its population is about 4,364,541 people, and it is The country’s economic center.
This city is famous for its very high population, so it is famous for its population density, as its population is close to 6 percent, and it is approximately 5.7 percent, and this reason makes it in third place among the fastest growing cities in Africa with population growth, and comes after Lagos and Bamako, and the view of Dar es Salaam to the ocean The Indian has made it a high-ranking center, and has become one of the most important ports in those countries. As we know that the ports are an important point of communication and transit linking countries in some of them commercially and economically.Read:Tourism in Dusseldorf
The industry in Dar es Salaam is primarily food-based, though, this city is not without some textile and cement industries and some building materials and medicines, and the numbers of Muslims abound in this city.
The reason for calling Tanzania this name
The name of Tanzania is an ancient name for a kingdom that established Zanzibar, and was affiliated with the Sultanate of Oman, the Al-Busaid Islamic in East Africa, but it was subjected to what was exposed to the Arab and Islamic worlds to the Western occuAl Bahahn, so the occupying countries, represented by Britain, Germany and France, conspired to divide the spoils among themselves, so Germany took Tanganyika and remained in control On it until the end of the First World War, and after its defeat, Tanganyika turned to a country under the British Mandate under the auspices of the League of Nations (United Nations) until its independence in 1961.
The Federal Republic of Tanzania
- The Federal Republic of Tanzania is located in East Africa, which is a union between Tanganyika and the island of Zanzibar, and is characterized by an Arab Islamic and architectural character, and was affiliated with the Omani Empire, and the Republic of Tanzania originated from the Federation of Tanganyika and the island of Zanzibar, and that was in the wake of the bloody massacres that took place in Zanzibar in 1964 AD .
Tanganyika and Zanzibar are considered the largest part of the Islamic Sultanate of Al Busaid in eastern Africa, and the colonial countries agreed to them in the last quarter of the century, and British, German and French conspired against them, and they agreed to divide eastern Africa among them, and consequently both Britain and Germany signed Treaty stipulating the division of eastern Africa between them, and the signing of the agreement occurred in 1886 AD, and as a result of this, Germany took Tanganyika and remained in control until the end of the First World War, and after its defeat, the Tanganyika came to Britain, and the mandate was expanded upon, and this was done by the League the mother M. United, and Tanganyika remained subject to Britain until independence in 1961 AD.Read:Beautiful places in Seoul for tourism and entertainment
- Tanzania is considered a large country from eastern Africa, and overlooks the Indian Ocean, and most of its diameter is located within the territory of Africa, and also includes some neighboring islands, and as we mentioned above, its capital is Dar Al Salam, and there is a project to establish a new capital in the name of Dodoma, located in central Tanzania, and its official name It is the Federal Republic of Tanzania.
- The majority of the people living in Tanzania are of African descent, and the rest are of Asian and European origins, and Tanzania is considered one of the poorest countries in the world, and the most prominent reason for this is that about 80% of its population lives in the countryside with a rudimentary life, and it is known that the rural population depends on agriculture to acquire They just made a living, and the state tried hard to work on developing industries, and despite this, the economy remained somewhat low.
* A colony was established on the land now known as Tanzania, and it was established by Germany, and this was done during the nineteenth century AD, when Britain ruled some of the neighboring islands, known as Zanzibar.
* At the beginning of the twentieth century AD, the interior lands became a British colony under the name of Tanganyika, and it resigned in 1961, and it is the capital, Dar es Salaam, and Zanzibar and Tanganyika were united to become the Republic of Tanzania, which was named after the Federal Republic of Tanzania, in the year 1964 AD.
* Tanzania still maintains the tribal character, and still depends on agriculture, hunting and animal husbandry until now. Tanzania contains a great surface area of fresh lakes, whose area is more than 5300 square kilometers, including half of Lake Victoria, half of Lake Tanganyika, and they were divided from Lake Malawi has a number of small lakes, the Rufuma, the Rufiji, the Wamy, and the Panjani rivers.
* Tanzania is one of the largest countries in the African continent, in terms of area, with an area of 883,749 square kilometers, despite its large population, but it is considered one of the least densely populated countries among African countries, and as we have said it is an Islamic country because it constitutes 70% % Of the Muslim group, concentrated in the Zanzibar region.
What is Tanzania famous for?
Tanzania is famous for many characteristics, including: the picturesque and lively nature, and the wildlife rich in animals; where elephants, giraffes, lions and other animals live in the Serengeti National Reserve, or in the Selous Animal Park, and there is also in northern Tanzania Mount Kilimanjaro, which is covered with ice cover.
This mountain is considered one of the highest mountain peaks in Africa, reaching a height of 5,895 meters, and there is also a lake called Tanganyika, which is fresh, and is considered the longest fresh lake in the world, and extends up to 680 kilometers on the western border of the country, and also there is Lake Victoria, and its area is approximately 69,485 square kilometers, and is one of the largest lakes in Africa, and there is a part of it located in northern Tanzania.
Cities located in Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam: It is the economic capital, because it overlooks the Indian Ocean, and navigation forms for Tanzania, and 90% of the Muslims live in it.
- Zanzibar: It is a city and is considered the capital of the island of Zanzibar, with a population of 156,634 people, all of whom are Muslims, and known as the Arab and Islamic character.
- Kalwa: It is a famous port used for trade, and it is considered a historical Islamic center, and was the ancient capital of the Islamic Zinj Kingdom.
- Tabourah: It is an ancient Islamic city in which Arabs worked in several fields, including: the trade of gold and ivory, and Tangiers are known to be among the most important ports in the north.
- Mozuma: It is considered one of the important cities in Tanzania, with a population of approximately 220,000.