Table of Contents
The height of the Burj Khalifa
The height of the Burj Khalifa is about 828 meters, as it is the tallest building in the world, and it was constructed of steel and concrete, as well as by the same architects who designed famous towers such as the Willis Tower in Chicago and the World Trade Center in New York City, and it was completed in In 2010, as it was part of the UAE’s initiative to develop the country and transform its economy from an oil-based economy to an economy dependent on tourism and services, the tower includes 30,000 residences, an artificial lake, in addition to a commercial center and nine hotels.
Design and build Burj Khalifa
The tower is designed on a three-faceted area that expresses the local heminocalis flower, in the form of a letter Y.This shape helps to reduce the forces of the wind affecting the tower, and the central core at the base of the tower is supported by a series of wings, each of which has columns Concrete and its circumference, so that the wings retract spirally with increasing height, and change the shape of the building, which helps it to resist the forces of wind more.
The Burj Khalifa is supported by a concrete base with a thickness of about 4 meters, and it is supported by concrete piles of 1.5 meters in diameter, and a three-storey platform has been built at the base of the tower, with an area of about 186,000 square meters. As for the external appearance of the tower, it is Made of aluminum and stainless steel cladding, plus stainless steel vertical tubes, and over 28,000 hand-cut glass panels.
The Taipei Financial Center in the Taiwanese capital was the longest in the world during the period between 2004 and 2010, with a height of about 509.2 meters.
- The tower was opened on the fourth of January 2010.
- The cost of building the tower is about 1.5 billion dollars.
- His name was changed from Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa, in honor of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Ziyad Al Nahyan.
- The construction of the tower started on September 21, 2004 AD.
- The area of the tower is about 557418.26 square meters.
- The tower consists of 1044 apartments for up to 12,000 people.
- The tower is expected to consume approximately 946,000 liters of water daily.
- It houses the highest swimming pool, the highest mosque, and the highest observation deck in the world.
- The tower consists of 54 elevators.
- 12,000 workers were employed on site during construction.
- The tower consists of 164 floors.