The name of the Burj Dubai
Burj Khalifa was previously known as Burj Dubai during construction, but it was named Burj Khalifa in honor of the President of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, which is the largest multi-use skyscraper in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and the tallest building in the world, and the height of this tower is 828 meters It consists of 162 floors.
The Burj Khalifa was inaugurated on the date of the ninth of January of the year 2010 AD, and it has acquired the title of the tallest building in the world since 2008 AD, in addition to being classified as the tallest self-supporting building in the world, and it was built with the aim of promoting tourism and diversifying the economy in the country, and the tower contains On approximately 30,000 housing units, an industrial lake with an area of 121.4 square kilometers, and a car park with an area of 28328 square meters, in addition to nine hotels and a shopping center.
Information on the Burj Khalifa
The Burj Khalifa can be identified through the following information:Read:Doing bike riding with a special flavor in the Dubai desert
- Burj Khalifa has one of the highest observation platforms in the world, in addition to that it has the fastest elevator with the longest distance of its path.
- The Burj Khalifa building is located in the center of Dubai, next to the Dubai Mall. You can visit this building and enjoy seeing sculptures, lakes, luxury hotels, shopping malls and entertainment centers that are located while walking from the Dubai Mall towards the Burj Khalifa.
- The Burj Khalifa has a observation deck located on the 128th floor, which is the highest observation deck in the world providing unobstructed 360-degree view, overlooking magnificent views of the ocean, sand and the entire city of Dubai.
- The construction of the Burj Khalifa began in the year 2004 AD, and the construction of its exterior façade was completed in 2009. The area of this tower is approximately 1.98 square kilometers, and its opening was delayed due to the need to furnish it in a modern and luxurious style, and provided it with sophisticated final touches, and several improvements and redesigns were made for some The parts to make it aesthetically appealing.
- Burj Khalifa managed to win several awards, the most important of which was the American Athenaeum Award in English (2011: Chicago Athenaeum) in 2011, the International Architecture Award 2011, in addition to the Interior Architecture Award 2012, and the Design Excellence Award 2012.
- The Burj Khalifa was built so that the hexagon center is supported by a series of wings, each of which has a concrete core and columns with a specific perimeter of each, and the tower is supported by a reinforced concrete base of four meters in thickness, and is supported by concrete pegs with a diameter of 1.5 meters each.