Cairo Tower is one of the most famous landmarks of Cairo’s tourist city. It is known as the Tower of the Island. It was engineered by Naoum Shabib to resemble a lotus flower. It was built between 1956 AD to 1961 AD and is located specifically on the island of Zamalek, where it overlooks the Nile River and its height exceeds the height of the Great Pyramid by about 43 M, it may reach a height of about 187 m. We will give you everything related to it on the Arab Travelers website.
- Cairo Tower is the tallest concrete building in the world with no steel frames or columns in its construction.
- It is designed from the top in the shape of a lotus flower, an ancient Egyptian flower.
- At the top of the tower there is a restaurant on a rotating platform to see Cairo from the top of the tower from all directions.
- It consists of 16 floors and its base is made of granite stones used in building the temples of the ancient Egyptians.
- It is 187 meters long and 14 meters in diameter.
- Consists of 8 million pieces of mosaic rhombus pieces.
- The journey inside the tower elevator from bottom to top takes less than a minute (45 seconds).
The construction and renovation of the Cairo Tower
- The tower was built between 1956 and 1961 AD during the era of President Gamal Abdel Nasser.
- Building the tower cost nearly 6 million Egyptian pounds.
- The Arab Contractors Company renovated the tower from 2006G until 2008G.
- The restoration and repair process cost 15 million Egyptian pounds.
- 3 turns of metal structures were added below the tower, and also one floor was added above the main entrance to the tower.
- An emergency ladder and elevator were created for visitors, they were developed from the entrance to the tower and added external lights.
Cairo Tower activities
- The journey of the climb inside the tower begins through the elevator, which takes 45 seconds. At the top we can enjoy seeing the most important landmarks of Cairo from the top in a complete and clear way, where the three pyramids, the Sphinx, the TV building, and Salah El Din Castle appear, and the most important characteristic of this magnificent view is the image of the Nile River.
- After that, you can enter the restaurant on the 14th floor to have a meal with family or friends and enjoy the surrounding views, as the restaurant revolves around itself, so it is easy to see all parts of Cairo.
- As for the 15th floor, it has a cafeteria for snacks and drinks, while admiring the scenic views.
- When you see Cairo through the binoculars, you will feel that you see the landmarks of Cairo next to each other as if they were located in one place adjacent to each other, not separating them from the distances we feel on the ground.
times of work
Every weekday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.Read:The best places for tourism in Morocco for families
- Adults: 65 Egyptian pounds.
- children: Under 6 years admission is free; children over 6 years admission price for adults: 65 pounds.