If you have not visited Greece before, you have missed seeing a lot between tourist attractions, charming islands and a wonderful civilization, so why not divert your next trip to this beautiful country to get to know it closely, but before proceeding to you these tips.
1. Before traveling to Greece you must know that you will eat healthier than ever before, compared to any other tourist destination, the Greek people are known to be one of the healthiest people on earth, because this European country is famous for healthy food, especially salads Greek that you will find on lunch tables at least once a day, if not twice, as well as seafood, which are among the main Greek foods.
2. Greece is an economic country, and this is what you will definitely feel, especially in Athens. This applies to food and daily transportation, and you will also find great deals on shopping, compared to other European capitals.
3. Greece is a safe country, as policemen always roam to make sure of the stability of the situation, which applies to cities as well as to the islands as well, where reports confirm the crime rate has decreased significantly, and it is rare to happen.
4. In any foreign country you have visited previously, dear traveler, it is likely that you have found many restaurants that offer different foods and cuisines from international kitchens, whether western or eastern, but in Greece it is difficult to find other types of food without Greek, you will not find italyn food, Asian food and such. So you will have to eat the same things no matter where you go, so it really doesn’t matter where you eat, the most important thing is the price and how clean the place is.
5. Did you know that there are about 2000 islands in Greece, and we advise you to try Santorini Island to have an incredible sunset view rarely found in another island around the world. See the pictures (the most beautiful beaches of Greece).
6. Renting a bike is common in Greece, and don’t worry, it is relatively cheap, and will allow you to see many sights and attractions that spread in different cities.
7. In Greece most people speak English, and in fact it is useful and makes your trip more enjoyable, as you will be able to communicate and interact everywhere without barriers or obstacles.
8. Make sure that you carry a comfortable shoe in your travel bag to enable you to walk around without getting bored, and for the type of clothes you will need, the matter depends on your travel at any time of the year, but mostly Greece is warm and slightly moist even in the evening, so you will not need much Of heavy clothes. And don’t forget to leave room in your bag for some fun souvenirs and maybe a little olive oil.
9. Most shops in Greece are specific when it comes to prices, so even bargaining is not a regular feature of public life.
10. Tipping is not necessary anywhere. Restaurant bills include service fees, but it is okay if you want to express yourself with food and service with little cash.
11. In general, the people of Greece are very friendly and social, so do not be surprised when you are invited to someone’s house, and in return you have to answer the invitation often. You are not expected to be precise. Until thirty minutes of delay is normal, except that you must bring a small gift, usually represented by flowers, or local cakes. If you are invited to dinner, you can apply to pay the account, but you are unlikely to be allowed to do so.
12. Greek hotels usually accept credit cards, but most other places, including restaurants, cafes, taxis, kiosks, peddlers, groceries and other shops, deal strictly in cash.