Hurghada Grand Aquarium was inaugurated in January 2015, with a water reservoir of nearly one million gallons.
The Aquarium, which is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Hurghada, includes 1,200 aquatic animals belonging to nearly 100 species.
The Hurghada Aquarium is the only Hurghada Aquatic Museum that has been dedicated in the area for a larger view, as it includes a small zoo.
The Hurghada Aquarium includes 24 exhibitions, among which are the shark tunnel, rainforests and the whale valley, which are based on fossils of the Western Desert.
The Hurghada Aquarium includes nurse sharks that may be up to 5 meters in length, Ratta, and Green Sea Turtle.
Although the aquarium is currently top of the list of tourism sites in Egypt in terms of popularity, development plans are still continuing to become an integrated animal sanctuary.
Activities you can do
• You can walk with your family on foot around the Hurghada Aquarium Museum to learn about its features and its contents of wild and marine animals.
• Then start your visit from the fossil exhibition called the Valley of Whales, which is based in most of its exhibits on the fossils of Western Sahara.
• You can enter the 24-meter tunnel, divided into underwater tunnels, into the large width reservoir.
The tunnel will lead you to the marine aquarium, a large aquarium that keeps marine animals in an isolated environment.
• Then you can visit the freshwater basin, which embraces some types of animals and aquatic organisms, some of which are kept for research.
• Take a rest in the Bedouin tent, which will give you the feeling of the desert residents, and where you can have some refreshments and drinks.
• You can also visit the tropical forest at the Hurghada Aquarium, which can be described as a luxurious forest rich in biological diversity.
Don’t forget to visit the small zoo, a stunningly designed facility in the Hurghada Aquarium that nurtures a group of wildlife.
• Your children will be happy to spend some fun in the children’s playgrounds in Hurghada Aquarium, which includes swings, slides and others.
• Then you can have a snack with some hot or cold drinks and sweets at the distinctive Hurghada Aquarium Museum Cafe.
Entrance prices to the Hurghada Aquarium
Adults over 10 years old US $ 20.
Children from 4 to 10 years USD 10.
Children under 4 years are free.
Opening times at the Hurghada Aquarium
Everyday from 9 am to 7 pm.
Hotels near Hurghada Aquarium
Sentido Mamlouk Palace Hotel & Resort is one of the best 5-star hotels in Egypt, about 5 km from Hurghada Aquarium.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The location is excellent and the views are great, the staff is very courteous and polite, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable, the food is varied and delicious, the services are excellent, and the facilities are outstanding.
Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel is one of the best 5-star hotels in Hurghada, 5.8 km from Hurghada Aquarium.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The location is excellent and suitable for recreation, the staff is very professional and helpful, the facilities and activities are very special, the services are great, the rooms are comfortable, the food is delicious and varied.
Hurghada Aquarium website on Google Map