The Sultanate of Oman is located on the southeast coast of the Arabian Peninsula, at the confluence of the Arabian Sea and the Arabian Gulf, making it a strategic location as it is bordered on the southwestern side by the State of Yemen and the Arabian Sea on the south and east, and the Gulf of Oman on the north to the west by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates on the northwest Which makes it have many factors attracting tourism because of its location.
Table of Contents
Tourism in the Sultanate of Oman
It is a tourist destination for many, as it has the most diverse country environment in the Middle East.
In 2012, the Omani capital was chosen as the capital of tourism in the Arab countries.
Cultural tourism is more common in Oman than other types of tourism.
Contains many hotels, resorts, and mega-services.
Why Oman is an attractive country for tourists?
– Amman has many attractions that make it a tourist country in the first place, where Oman has the appropriate climate, nature, culture and tourist attractions that attract tourists.
Climate of the Sultanate of Oman
– Oman has a wet, dry, and hot climate throughout the year, and it is characterized by a lack of rain and a short winter season, except for the remote southern regions.
The maximum temperature of 38 degrees Celsius excludes that desert, and the lowest temperature reaches 13 degrees Celsius.
History in the Sultanate of Oman
The history of the country is known from the museums in which it is located. There are several museums in the Kingdom of Oman, such as the Sultan Ahmed Forces Museum, the National Museum, and the Omani Heritage Museum.
There are also many mosques and popular cities such as the Sultan Qaboos Mosque in the Omani capital, Dhofar, Musandam, and Al Buraimi.
Tourist attractions in Sultanate of Oman
The Omani desert, which contains sand dunes reaching a height of about two hundred meters, and at sunset, which makes it attractive to tourists.
The caves are the second largest habitat to contain caves, and they are of different sizes and topography such as the Bani Khalid Cave in the Eastern Province.
Beaches are characterized by soft sand, and can be practiced swimming, kitesurfing, diving, snorkelling, boating, and surfing.
– There is a Crimean Beach that provides distinguished hotel services, and it is for family gatherings. It contains restaurants, cafes, and can take trips such as fishing and boat rides.
There are many marine animals, a turtle reserve in Ras Al Jinz near the wall, and it contains many turtles that live for more than a hundred years.
– Turtles can swim the length and breadth of the Indian Ocean, and return every year to lay eggs on the shores of Ras al-Hadd, the jeans, and the island of Masirah.
Dolphins that come near the seas regularly, and can be seen clearly near the coast, and the island of stallion is the most places where you can see dolphins.
– As for whales that come at irregular intervals, especially in the eastern regions, and the Dhofar region, Pride or tropical whales are considered to be blue, humpback, amber, amber, dwarf beak, and the dwarf killer are the most famous in these seas.
The birds include more than 460 different types of birds, including 80 species residing in the country. The heron, the Ospreys, the Swift Turn, the doves, the Egyptian eagles, Abu Gordan, the Greater Flamingo, and the Caspian Sea Gulls are the most famous of these birds.
Markets, the markets are mostly limited to selling some handicrafts such as Omani daggers, gold, antiques, silver and textiles.
– Rori Al-Khoo Reserve, is the sea that fractures land and stands at a certain point and becomes like a stream of water, and it is considered an ancient city facing the creek, and it is one of the beautiful areas for wildlife lovers, where cattle and camels spread on both banks of the creek in a beautiful harmony with the charming nature in this place .
The ancient city of Sumhoum, in which there is groundwater, Samhom derives its water from the waterfalls flowing from its two Greek sailors’ chains.
Green Mountain, its agricultural products are varied, such as fruits, flowers, pomegranates, peaches, apricots, almonds, nuts, and roses that grow only in Green Mountain.
– Its height is 3000 meters, and tourists flock to the area to enjoy its charm, especially in late October, in which the glory of Jabal Akhdar increases.
– Sun Mountain, its height is approximately 3500 m above sea level, which helped to change the climate from the rest of the Sultanate and the Arabian Peninsula, where the temperature reaches zero degrees in the winter, and between 26 – 35 degrees in the summer, and provides the opportunity to hold barbecue parties in Open air and provide entertainment programs.
Etienne Mountain, Etienne Mountain is located in Dhofar Governorate, at an altitude of 2000 meters. If you can reach its summit, you feel that you are walking in the clouds.