When we talk about the most famous cities and tourist destinations in France, it will definitely include the city of Lyon, which is the third largest French city, and one of its most famous tourist destinations, the city of Lyon and the capital of the Rhone Region and the Rhone-Alpes region, is characterized by its distinct location between the cities of Paris and Marseille, both of which are also destinations The most famous tourist in France, as well as being one of the tourist destinations that offer a lot to its visitors, whether we are talking about the rich historical heritage, impressive architectural monuments, festive festive activities and delicious food.
Before planning your next tourist trip in Lyon, you should know that the tourist holidays in Lyon can be very expensive, unless you plan them carefully and with a set of smart options that will not only help you save a lot of expenses, but will also help you to spend a wonderful time In Lyon.
Here are some of the most important tips to save money when traveling to Lyon:
- Be sure to stay in the hotel units or economic accommodations in Lyon, and you can find them if you do a good search on one of the sites specialized in booking the hotel and residential units offered, there are a good number of small apartments available for rent throughout the year in Lyon at good prices, If you choose to stay there, you will also be able to prepare food in the apartment’s kitchen, and then save a lot of dining expenses.
- Shop to buy food from the local economic market, and avoid expensive or tourist stores.
- Enjoy delicious French food at one of the local budget restaurants in Lyon, in the absence of a private kitchen for cooking food, or if you do not want to cook, and among the best budget restaurants that you can visit in Lyon is Lyonnais Bouchon Restaurant.
- Try visiting the magnificent and free sights of Lyon such as Parc de la Tete d’Or, the Botanical Garden, the free Lyon Zoo, you can also go on an exploratory tour of the Old Town district of Lyon or stroll around the area The famous Forever, and if you love art, be sure to visit Lyon Arts Street.
- Buy the Lyon City Card, which offers discounts on organized tours and discounts on entry fees of more than 22 museums, and provides free transportation, including bicycles, within the city, as well as the opportunity to see a selection of art offers for free.
- Buy a tourist museum card in Lyon or “La Carte Musée” if you want to visit Lyon museums at the lowest possible cost, and among the most famous museums that you can visit at a lower cost when you buy this card is the Museum of Contemporary Art (Musée d’Art Contemporain), Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts), Musée Gadagne, Musée de l’Imprimerie, Musée de l’Automobile Henri Malartre, and Center d’Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation).
- Avoid using taxis or renting a private car and using economical transportation, which includes public buses and bicycles.
- Shopping from the local market, you can also enjoy shopping in the famous Marche de Creation art market, which opened for the first time in 1979 and has since become a favorite of locals and visitors to Lyon alike.
Make sure to stay in condominiums or budget accommodations in Lyon
Enjoy delicious French food at one of the local budget restaurants in Lyon
Buy the Tourist Museum Card in Lyon or La Carte Musée if you want to visit the Lyon museums
Buy the Lyon City Card, which offers discount offers for tours
It is characterized by the city of Lyon, the capital of the Rhone Region and the region of Rhone-Alpes
Avoid using taxis or renting a private car and using economically priced transportation
Shop for food at the local local market
Experience the magnificent free sights of Lyon such as Parc de la Tete d’Or
Money saving tips when traveling to Lyon, France