Table of Contents
Burj Khalifa is the largest skyscraper in the world
The Burj Khalifa is the tallest tower in the world since its completion in 2010, with a height of approximately 830 meters, and this tower contains gardens with an area of approximately 28327.98 square meters, 163 floors, 30,000 homes, nine hotels, and nineteen residential towers, A shopping mall, and an artificial lake with an area of approximately 121405.63 square meters.
About the Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is located in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and it was built of concrete and steel, and is part of the initiative of the United Arab Emirates government to transform the country’s economy from an oil-based economy to a country dependent on tourism and services, and it was officially named this in honor of the President The Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, was built to accommodate a variety of commercial, residential and hospitality projects, and was designed by the architectural engineering company (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill), and William Baker was the responsible construction engineer, and Adrian Smith was the responsible architect about him.
Other information about Burj Khalifa
The Burj Khalifa can be identified through the following information:
- Burj Khalifa includes many special amenities, including a 1393.55 square meter fitness facility, the world’s tallest mosque, located on the 158th floor, the highest observation deck in the world located on the 124th floor, and the highest swimming pool in the world, Which is located on the 76th floor.
- It has 54 elevators, and the speed of one elevator can reach 65 km per hour.
- About 31,400 metric tons of reinforced iron were used in the construction of the structure.
- Approximately 28,261 pieces of hand-cut glass panels were used to cover the outside of the tower.
- About 12,000 workers participated in the construction of the Burj Khalifa, and three workers died while working.
- It has 3,000 underground car parks.
- This Y-shaped tower was designed to reduce the force of the wind affecting it. The tower was supported by reinforced concrete, with a thickness of 4 meters, and supported by concrete panels with a diameter of one and a half meters.
- The exterior of the tower is made of aluminum, stainless steel and vertical stainless steel tube fins.
- The height of this tower exceeded the height of the Taipei 101 Financial Tower, which is located in Taiwan, and was classified as the tallest tower in the world, with a height of 508 meters.
- It was officially opened on January 4, 2010, but the inner space of the tower was not complete at that time.