Planning a trip to Europe with young children may seem like a very difficult task, as preparation includes selecting and preparing the most travel-friendly arrangements for children including flights, accommodation options, cities and most child-friendly tourist destinations, and how to travel between them with young children, but the good news here is that All this can be achieved if you are equipped with the right information and tools.
For this purpose, let us review together the most important travel advice to Europe with young children:
- Make your young children part of planning a travel trip by listening to their opinions and expectations about the travel trip, and encouraging them to prepare their personal bags under your supervision and what they need while traveling, including entertainment items such as games, their favorite drawing brochures and the like that may help them a lot Spend time on long travel trips.
- Cleverly pack your bags and children’s bags, by taking the travel destination and travel timing into consideration while packing the bags and choosing clothes and items that you pack on that basis, especially if you travel to beach or other destinations that are known for the cold weather.
- Make sure to pack only the necessary items in your travel bags and avoid unnecessary items, such as the pieces of the accessory that you may not wear or the children’s toys they are unlikely to use until you do not eventually find yourself having to move from one place to another with your young children and heavy bags that are difficult to move Easily from one place to another.
- Make sure to book your travel trip and residence well before you travel and do not wait for the last minute.
- Avoid booking recent flights a day because they are often canceled due to weather conditions, which is especially true for travel to Europe. It is also advised to avoid traveling in transit flights in the case of traveling with young children because they are stressful on young children and require commitment to a strict schedule This makes it unsuitable for child travel which requires a lot of flexibility.
- Make sure to prepare a shoulder bag that contains basic items and clothing for all family members to carry with you on the plane and use it at a later time in the event of loss or delay in the arrival of travel bags.
- Be sure to carry sleeping masks, small blankets, ear plugs or headphones for night flight use.
- Choose your place of residence carefully so that it provides all amenities for you and your children during the travel trip, and be careful and avoid choosing isolated accommodations that are far from public transportation places or those that do not have a kitchenette to prepare fast meals for young children, and it is preferable to reserve apartments in the case of long travel trips relatively.
- Avoid planning a day full of activities the day after the arrival day and give yourself and your young children an opportunity to get hours of sleep and rest to overcome the stress of travel.
- Avoid visiting tourist destinations that are not suitable for children or that might make them feel bored like historical museums or art galleries suitable for older individuals, and focus on tourist destinations that are suitable for all family members such as beaches, theme parks, shopping areas and excursions in streets and squares.
- Use the train as a means of transport in Europe because it is a comfortable, safe and practical means of transport for families and families, and it allows you the opportunity to move and see various European tourist destinations easily, especially Italy and France.
- Be sure to use the Maps application on your smartphone to avoid losing the way while you and your young children roam in one of the European tourist destinations. Also, be sure to download quick message exchange applications such as Viber, WhatsApp, to use them in the exchange of quick messages with family members, especially in emergency situations.
Make your young children a part of planning a travel trip by listening to their opinions and expectations about the travel trip
Cleverly pack your bags and children’s bags
Make sure to prepare a shoulder bag that contains essential items and clothing for the whole family
Make sure to only pack essential items in your travel bags and avoid unnecessary packages
Avoid visiting tourist destinations that are inappropriate for children or that might make them feel bored
Travel advice to Europe with children