The original name of this island since ancient times is Socotra, and it is derived from the ancient Arabic language, and the island is called by several names, for example: Socotra, Socotra, Dioscorides, Skutra, and others, and the island is a Yemeni archipelago, consisting of four islands, namely: Socotra Island, and Samha Island And Abdul-Koori Island and Darsa Island, and it is considered the largest Yemeni island, and the island is located in the international waterway that connects the countries of the Indian Ocean with the whole world, and near off the coast of the Horn of Africa, and the area of the island’s land area is 3,650 square kilometers, and follows the Yemeni government, and its capital is Hadibu, and the city is characterized by a trade For sacred goods, production of peer incense, the island is called the most unusual area in the world.
Socotra Island is located geographically on the southern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, specifically in front of the city of Mukalla, east of the Gulf of Aden, where it is the meeting point between the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean. As astronomically, the island is located between two latitudes 128 degrees to 42.12 degrees north of the equator, and between longitudes 53.19 Degrees to 45.33 degrees east of the Greenwich Line.Read:Your guide to the best clothing stores in Los Angeles
Socotra is characterized by three climatic regions:
- Hot marine climate.
- The mild climate is cool, and this prevails in the eastern regions.
- Cold climate in the western regions.
Socotra Island is characterized by a variety of terrain, different:
- The coastal plains, for example: the plains of Ras Madhn, the plains of Hadiboh, the plains of Wadi Dirba, the Plain of Nujd, the Plain of Wadi de Azrou, the Plain of Wadi Touen, the Wadi de Aarho.
- The highlands, for example: the western plateau, and the eastern plateau.
- Mountain ranges, such as the Hajira Mountains, Mount Falaj, Jil Fadhan, Jabal Khairha, Jabal Qairkh, Jabal Taid Bada, Jabal Kudah, Jabal Qulhal, Jabal Qatari, Jabal Qaten.
- The bays, for example: the bay of Tamarida, grape, located in the north of the island, the Gulf of Tartafika, located in the east, the Gulf of Bandar Qalansiyah, the Gulf of Sharbar, located in the west, and the Gulf of Arsal, located in the south.
- The valleys, for example: the Danghan valley, the Dunya valley, the Wadi Taqq, the Wadi Insect, and the Draaba Valley, all of them are located in the north of the island, as for the Trivers Valley, the stereo valley, the Asra Valley, the Rishi Valley, the Qaboon Valley, the Wadi Faqa, they are located in the south of the island, and The valleys located in the northwest are: Wadi Amedhan, Wadi Farha, Wadi Doahar, Wadi Ja’alal, and Wadi Dimjat.
- Rockheads: Example: Maumee’s head, Adhan’s head, Adhu’s head, Hamroho’s head, Didim’s head, Gash head, Shipping head, Busting head, Bechara head, Mattif head, Smary head, Halawaf head, and Shoeb’s head.
Socotra Island has a population of 135,020,000 people, according to 2004 statistics. The population speaks the Socotra language.Read:The best places in Alexandria