The historic Temple of Hercules is located within the vicinity of the Amman Citadel, and is the most important Romen building dating back to the second century AD. The area of the temple is 720 square meters, and its outer walls extend to 8,712 square meters, and its staircase includes six pillars of 10 meters high.
The Temple of Hercules Amman is considered one of the important tourism places in Amman, Jordan, if it does not top the list of Jordan’s distinctive tourist places in general, and according to studies, archaeologists believe that because there are no additional columns in the temple, it was not yet completed, and the site also includes parts of Stone colossal, identified as a Hercules statue, over 12 meters long.
Activities you can do at Hercules Temple
• You can start walking around you and your family around the place, to enjoy the unique nature of the archaeological mountain, and take some memorial photos.
• Then you can go up to the top of the mountain through the stone stairs to visit the temple, which you will notice the majestic columns of their magnitude and distance from a distance.Read:Report on the Crowne Plaza Hotel Amman
• Upon arrival, you can take some memorial photos near the columns. Do not forget to take panoramic pictures of the surrounding ruins.
• As you roam the top of the mountain, you will find the hand of the huge white statue of Hercules, located in the sandy area that covers the place in front of the columns.
• You should enjoy spending a short family picnic in the grassy area around the temple, and in front of the wonderful views of the city.
Then you can visit the Umayyad palace located near the temple, which is a large luxury complex built in the middle of the eighth century AD.
You will also notice the huge Umayyad water tank, which has a diameter of about 17.5 meters, and the thickness of its stone walls is 2.5 meters.
You can definitely visit the remains of the Ayyubid watchtower that overlooks the city, and it will give you an opportunity to take the most beautiful panoramic pictures of Amman.Read:The best 9 activities in the Umrah Palace Jordan
Then they descended from the top of the mountain towards the Romen amphitheater, which is about 1.5 km from the mountain, and returns to the second century AD.
• End your visit with a tour within the vicinity of the mountain to relax a little in a restaurant, and eat a local or international meal, according to your preference.
Entrance prices to the Temple of Oman Hercules
2 Jordanian dinars per person, equivalent to $ 2.82.
Opening times at the Temple of Hercules Amman
Everyday from 11 am to 6 pm.
Hotels near Temple of Hercules Amman
Amman Rotana Hotel is one of Jordan’s best 5-star hotels, and it is about 4.9 km from Amman Hercules Temple.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has received great reviews as the location is great and close to Abdali Boulevard and all services, the level of cleanliness is excellent, the food is delicious, the staff are friendly, the rooms are comfortable and their views are breathtaking.
W Amman is one of the best 5-star hotels in Amman, Jordan, and it is 5.2 km from Amman Hercules Temple.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has received great reviews as the location is excellent and quiet, the staff is very professional and sophisticated, the overall atmosphere is comfortable and enjoyable, the level of cleanliness is excellent, and the food is delicious and varied.
The location of the Temple of Hercules Amman on the map