Planning to visit any country in Europe requires going to see the most important tourist destinations, the most prominent of which is the most famous landmark of Italy, because that country is one of the most attractive places for tourists, and Italy is located in the fifth place among the list of countries in the world attractive to tourism, because it contains many of the landmarks that It dates back thousands of years from the Greek and Romen era, and it is also one of the best times to visit there. It is between April and June to enjoy its mild climate. In Arab travelers you will find the most important tourist destinations that are worth going to so that you can spend a fun time there.
Table of Contents
The most famous landmarks of Italy
- It is one of the greatest things that was built in the Romen era, and the Colosseum amphitheater is the largest in the world, as it is a symbol of Romen culture.
- This amphitheater was built between 70 and 72 AD and is primarily an oval amphitheater.
- There are about 80 entrances inside the runway, and it was old built to hold various battles and wrestling matches.
- The amphitheater mainly accommodates 50,000 spectators, and around it you will find large pine trees, along with many ancient Romen ruins.
2. Leaning Tower of Pisa
- No one comes to Italy without visiting this place, because it is one of the seven wonders of the world and one of the most attractive places for tourists there.
- The tower has a length of about 18.2 meters, and what distinguishes it from the rest of the other towers is its angle of inclination, which reaches approximately 10 degrees, and construction was started in 1173.
- The leaning of the tower is mainly due to an error in its construction, as the land has not been confirmed as stable and stable before construction.
- The tower consists of 8 floors and was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1987.
- It is one of the four main buildings of the Cathedral Complex in Pisa.
3. Trevi Fountain
- It is located in the city of Rome, and it is characterized by a very beautiful architectural view, as it attracts more than 10 million tourists annually.
- The fountain is about 20 meters high, and it opened in 1762 AD.
- The most that you will notice about your visit to that fountain is throwing coins inside, because according to one of the old myths, this method will fulfill their wishes.
4. Lake Garda
- Located in the south of the Alps in northern Italy, it is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and is also the largest.
- It is surrounded by stunning natural scenery from the mountain, and the depth of the lake reaches about 346 meters.
- You will find that it is also surrounded by many vast green patches, along with the various picturesque plants.
5. The Grand Canal
- It has several other names like Ponte Rialto And The Bridge of SighsAnd its width is approximately 90 meters.
- It is located in Venice, and it consists of a waterway with a length of about 3.8 km.
- When you visit that channel, you will find that it is surrounded by many wonderful places of palaces and houses.
6. The city of Pompeii
- One of the most distinguished cities in Italy, due to its population turning into antiquities and fossils, as a result of the volcano Vesuvius that occurred in AD 79.
- The place contains many temples, villas, various stores and theaters such as a theater “Teatro Grande”.
- Another notable area of that city is a museum “Antiquarium”, And it contains a number of artifacts consisting of tools that were used by its residents.
7. Mount Etna
- It is located in Sicily, and has a height of about 3323 meters. It is called B.“Mount of Fire” It contains an active volcano there.
- This volcano is one of the largest volcanoes in Europe, making it one of the most important tourist destinations in Italy.
- It is located in the south of the Alps, besides it is the highest mountain in Italy.
8. Lake Magori
- It is located in the northeastern Italy of the Alps, and is surrounded by many wonderful architectural cities, along with a mild climate.
- When you go to the lake, too, you will find it surrounded by many stunning landscapes associated with the Alps.