Table of Contents
General information about Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh is a tourist city where it is located on the southeastern coast on the Sinai Island, and it is named after Solomon Bay, where this name belongs to King Solomon, and the city was in a period of time uninhabited, but its strategic geographical location at the entrance to the Gulf of Aqaba at the Strait of Tiran may Gained great importance, and the city became the focus of attention of tourists from home and abroad. It is worth noting that the Sharm el-Sheikh region was the focus of attention of the Israeli occuAl Bahahn in the period between 1967 AD and 1982.
This tourist destination in the Egyptian Republic offers a variety of options for its visitors, and unusual experiences in terms of the number of Egyptian food and restaurants, up to Thai cuisine, in addition to the amazing nightlife.
Landmarks of Sharm El Sheikh
Some of the most important landmarks of Sharm El Sheikh:
- Ne’ema bay: The city center is located close to all events, and it is one of the Egyptian tourist destinations, and some activities can be carried out in it such as relaxation and sunbathing, as this place provides a balanced environment between relaxation and pleasure.
- Al Mustafa Mosque: This mosque is characterized by the wonderful architectural features that are evident in its construction from inside and outside, in addition to its marble destination and the multiple towering minarets. Therefore, when visiting Sharm El Sheikh, it should be placed on the list of places worth visiting and enjoy its attractive features.
- The Heavenly Cathedral: It is the largest Coptic church in Sharm El Sheikh, and in 2010 it was classified as one of the most beautiful churches of the world. Its construction was completed in just two years in the Al-Nour neighborhood, and it features wonderful religious murals for some biblical scenes.
- the old market: While wandering in the city of Sharm El Sheikh, its visitors should not lose sight of passing through the old market, as this place reflects the culture and spirit of the people through the smells, sounds and colors spread in it, it is one of the famous places among the Egyptian people, in addition to having everything the visitor needs to buy.
- Crystal lake: It is the largest swimming pool in the world according to the Guinness Book of Records, with an area of 120,773.95 square meters. This lake has been built within the tourism development plan in the middle of the Egyptian desert in Sharm El Sheikh, so that its beaches cover the white sand that gives it a natural appearance, and it is worth mentioning that the operating system of the swimming pool helps the efforts made in desalinating the waters of the region.
- Floating restaurant: This restaurant offers an amazing experience with its magnificent views of the Naama Bay in Sharm El Sheikh, where it is possible to see underwater life in the Red Sea, and this restaurant offers many fresh seafood, the most important of which are crabs and jumbo shrimp. The restaurant also offers evenings to local Egyptian dancers and artists on His body.
- Viva Beach: This beach is located near Naama Bay, where it provides a suitable place for tourists to relax and eat cold drinks after spending a tiring and hot day on the beach, in addition to drinks, it offers a range of delicious foods from fresh seafood, in addition to that it is characterized by live concerts at night.
- Head or master: It is one of the best diving sites in the city, as it features an amazing Georgian forest that includes large varieties of fish and coral reefs.
- Ras Mohammed National Park: The area of this nature reserve is about 480 square kilometers, and it is located south of the city of Sinai, where the wonderful desert and white sand, in addition to the presence of diving sites, very large types of fish, and about 150 species of sea turtles and crustaceans.
- Don Raven’s shipwreck site: It is located in the southeast of the Mahmoud people, and it is also full of coral reefs that can be enjoyed watching and scuba diving. It is worth noting that the Don Raven ship sank in 1876 AD while moving from Bombay to Newcastle.
General information about Egypt
It is known as the Egyptian Arab Republic and is located in the north of the African continent and southwest of the continent of Asia, bordered by Palestine, Libya and Sudan, and its water borders overlook the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Egypt is one of the countries that suffer from high population density, and occupies the fifteenth place in the world in terms of population, with a population of more than 92 million people, and an area of 1,010,407,871 square kilometers.