The Sultan Mehmet Fatih Bridge, known as the Second Bosphorus Bridge, is one of the most important and famous tourist attractions in Istanbul worth seeing.
The bridge was built in 1988 on top of the Bosphorus, to divide it into two halves; one Asian and one European, and named after Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror Fatih Constantinople (present-day Istanbul) at a cost of up to $ 130 million.
The Sultan Mehmed Fatih Bridge, one of the landmarks of tourism in Turkey, is famous for the tours planned by the visitor of the country as the longest suspension bridge in the world from the date of its construction until the decline of its ranking to the 14th place in the list of the longest suspension bridges in the world, with a length of 1090 meters extending between two steel towers and a height of up to 65 meters above sea level.
To find out the most important activities that you can do in the vicinity of Sultan Mehmed Fatih Bridge Istanbul, and the best hotels near it, you should follow the article.
Table of Contents
The best activities near the Sultan Mehmed Fatih Bridge
• Boat trips across the Bosphorus Strait are among the best, most popular and enjoyable activities among tourists and families from visitors to the Mohammed Fateh Bridge area of Istanbul, where you can see the most beautiful tourist places in Istanbul overlooking the Bosphorus, such as Dolmabahce Palace
• You can also take a car or public bus for 15 minutes from the Sultan Mehmet Fatih Bridge area of Istanbul to visit the historic Rumeli Hisar Castle, which is classified as one of the best tourist attractions in Istanbul in the vicinity of the place.
• Enjoy a romantic or family night stroll in the area surrounding the bridge, or even relax on your own with a delicious Turkish pie and a cup of delicious local tea and monitor the movement of ships crossing under the bridge while sitting on one of the plenary sessions available in front of the sea in the surrounding area.
• During your night outing you can also take a group of the most beautiful photographs of the bridge lit with colorful and beautiful lighting units, as well as the most important tourist places in nearby Istanbul.
• Visit the most famous Istanbul landmarks near the bridge, such as Dolma Bahça Palace and Ortakoy Tourist and Commercial District.
• Another 3 minutes from Rumeli Hisar Castle, you can enjoy a visit to Virgo standing majestically among the waters of the Bosphorus and take pictures of it, or listen to the most famous myths surrounding it through a local guide who leads you on a boat trip across the strait.
• After completing your tour on the Sultan Mehmed Fatih Bridge in Istanbul, you can head to Anatolia Castle on the Asian side. You can also go to Emirgan Istanbul Park, which will give you the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful picnic in the nature or go to the Istanbul Summit Restaurant or Oba Istanbul restaurant to eat with a view Featured on the sea.
The best Istanbul hotel overlooking the second Bosphorus Bridge
Wyndham Grand Istanbul Levent is one of the 5-star Istanbul hotels. It is 4.5 km from the Bosphorus Bridge.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel has a great rating for the staff, amenities, cleanliness, comfort and location.
Movenpick Hotel Levent Istanbul is one of the best 5-star Istanbul hotels, 4.7 km from the Bosphorus Bridge.
Summary of Arab visitor ratings
The hotel was rated very good for the staff, amenities, comfort, cleanliness, location and value for money.