Arfa Mountain is located 35 kilometers from the northeastern part of the city of Taif, and this mountain represents the largest site of rock inscriptions, as it contains many rock drawings, especially those that include drawings of goats, deer, cows, and many other animals that go back to a period Before the second millennium BC, this is in addition to the presence of Thamudic inscriptions and Kufic inscriptions.
The metal village is one of the distinctive tourist places in Taif, and its location is located on the southern side of the city of Taif, and this village is famous for the stone industries. In it, large quantities of utensils of multiple uses, incense burners, and sprays made of soapy stone were found.
The Okaz market is considered one of the most important tourist destinations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and this market was an ancient historical destination, and tourists come every year from all parts of the world to visit this ancient historical place, and it is worth noting that it was a place for gathering intellectuals and writers in order to display the literature And cultures and the arts, and this market holds many events, activities and competitions to revive the authentic Saudi arts and crafts.Read:Your guide to the Dubai Shopping Festival
The Taif Market is classified as a tourist place worth visiting in Taif, and the market is located in the historical center of the city, and it is filled with small squares that include fountains, and the market is a suitable place to buy local products, especially honey and rose water, and many handicrafts, in addition to the possibility of drinking Mint tea when shopping in this market.
Other tourist places in Taif
There are many distinctive tourist places in the city of Taif, including the following:
- Thala Dam: It is located in a narrow valley, 7 kilometers from Taif, and it is reported that it was built of square stones in two parallel walls.
- Al-Samalqi Dam: It is located 35 km south of the city of Taif, and it is an ancient archaeological dam, and it is believed that the date of its construction dates back to before the emergence of Islam.
- Siseed Dam: It is located in the southeastern side of Taif, and differs from other dams in the way of construction, as it was constructed of rectangular stones of large sizes, and these stones were built in horizontal forms.
- Plugging block: It is located to the east of the highway, and it is a strong building wall, built over a rocky outcrop in the middle of a narrow canal, with a width of up to 5 meters, and remains beside it are abandoned houses, and some pottery pieces dating back to the Islamic era have been found.
- Blessing of desolation: It is located 95 km from the north-eastern side of Taif, and it contains two pools; the first is circular in shape, and the second pool is rectangular, and it also includes a channel for transporting water to the two pools.
- Agate pool: It is part of the monuments located on the Zubaydah Trail.