Turkey, or in English (Turkey): it is an Asian country, located in the southwestern side of the continent of Asia, and a part of its lands is located in the continent of Europe, and Turkey overlooks the Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea, and it has long coasts over these Bahrain, and there are two water straits that are considered Among the most important waterways in the world, namely: the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles.
tourism in Turkey
Turkey is distinguished by the many tourist places in it, and Turkey is an important destination for many tourists in the world, as millions of tourists visit it annually, and the number of tourists who visited Turkey in 2011 has reached more than (31) million tourists, and this number exceeds a third of the population Turkey, and in 2013 the number of tourists who visited Turkey reached more than (39) million tourists, and this number exceeds half of the population of Turkey. Turkey is ranked sixth in the list of the largest countries in the world in terms of tourist attraction. Tourists who visit Turkey come from several countries in a world, such as: Germany, Russia, Britain, and others.
Tourist places in Turkey
There are many tourist sites in Turkey, and these sites consist of ancient archaeological sites, modern tourist facilities, and attractive, such as: many marine resorts that are found on Turkish coasts overlooking the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, and there are many famous tourist cities in Turkey, such as: Istanbul, Antalya, Marmaris, and others.
Istanbul is one of the most important cities in Turkey, it is the largest city in terms of population, and in terms of population density, and it is a tourist city par excellence, it is the largest tourist city in Turkey, and it is full of archeological tourism places, museums, and markets, and Istanbul attracts a large percentage Among the tourists who visit Turkey, Istanbul is considered the first tourist destination.
Tourist places in Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia, or in English: (Hagia Sophia), which is originally a cathedral, but after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople it turned into a mosque, then in 1935 AD it turned into a religious museum, and the Byzantines built this cathedral in 537 AD, and Hagia Sophia is one of the most important architectural artifacts In the world.
- The Palace of the High Gate, also called (Topkapi), and this palace was the administrative center of the Ottoman Empire, but it is nowadays converted into a museum.
- The Covered Market, which is the largest covered market in the continent of Europe.
- The Galata Saray Bath, a Turkish bath built in Ottoman style.
- The Bosphorus Strait, and this strait is one of the favorite places for tourists, as they are allowed to tour the boats.